Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Here ya go, this is the best deal ever. I get a $5 coupon for every box of salt I buy, in fact I'll be ordering another box next week and using my last $5 off coupon.

Saltwater Aquarium Salt: Aquarium Systems Instant Ocean & Reef Crystals Synthetic Sea Salt

Whats even cooler is if you add like $8 more of stuff which is really easy to do you get free shipping and it comes UPS. Whatever other items you order will come in days later, its so weird. lol

Looks like they are on back order for the buckets until today . I'd consider it cause it's the lowest I've found adn the best delivery ever.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
so foster and smith ships heavy items ups?
thats gonna suck...

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I know they ship the salt that way, unless its fedex cause I get my salt in like 2-3 days and other stuff sometimes a week alter. i dont remember how the regular goods arrive via who....
Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #34
Fish R friends, not food!

So, the bucket is 160G and then you buy the 200G boxes after that to put in the bucket? Cheaper than I thought too! Do I get reef crystals or instant ocean? Will have a few corals later, better to get the reef crystals?
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I started with regular salt crystals and switched only recently.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #36

Went to my local store here that specializes in SW. We were looking at the fish and telling the owner about my future 29G build. He was very nice and will price match any deal that I find. I will do some shopping there! He also was testing the salinity in some of the tanks in the store and asked if I wanted to look at the refractometer. I had never used one before and was afraid that it would be difficult/confusing. I was so wrong. Put the drop of water on it, close the cover and read the SG. Totally cool!!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #37

Next purchase, so psyched!!

Just got these off ebay! Got the link from Carey of course. Thanks carey. Getting closer to this happening every day. I am about ready to bust!!!!

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

LFS willing to match any online or local price on the salt, so I will buy that local. He said they also have a cycling package for saltwater that has bacteria and trace elements...etc. Worth buying?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
lots of people use them and some say it helped, the one made by fritz industries, i dont know if they have a brand they work with or if its called fritz actually seems legit, with secondary lab tests and everything to be good on the shelf for 6 months...
Old 09-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
So, the bucket is 160G and then you buy the 200G boxes after that to put in the bucket? Cheaper than I thought too! Do I get reef crystals or instant ocean? Will have a few corals later, better to get the reef crystals?
I buy by the case. In the case are four individually sealed bags. When I open a bag, I split it into two zip lock freezer bags. That way, the only salt that is getting exposed to the moisture in the air is the freezer bag I am currently using. May be overkill but it seems to me that putting it in a bucket would expose all of it to moisture each time I open the bucket. I am sure as much water as Carey makes, it would be an issue for her but since I am only doing 5 gal PWC per week it takes me a while to use it up.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I keep just one bag of the salt in my salt bucket at a time.When it runs low then I add a second bag. I like the bag idea, keeps everything nice and moisture free.

Tags
29 gallon, build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com