Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow loving the tank man!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #122
Aquarium Advice Regular

New Pics

Ok, picture update time. First off, full tank shot

Secondly, flasher wrasse shots, starting with the one I believe to be a male.

and I think this "might" be one of the females...

Now comes pics of the new corals. Starting with the "loco lobo" which will be getting moved or something in a day or two as it kind of got stuck under part of a rock because I decided to put it to close to the place where the porcelain crabs live and while I was fussing with the frag plug the female snuck up pinched me.

Next are the two toadstool corals I got. The first is the "neon green tipped" I had to rubberband it to the rock because it had broken off in shipping and my superglue had dried out.

and the "dark green"

I finally parted with that frag plug with the xenia stranded on it, gave it to one of the guys at my LFS who got me started with SW. After getting rid of that frag it felt like there was a huge hole in my scape so I just had to get the new corals. I'm actually thinking of doing what I should have done in the first place and making it a soft coral dominated reef... which I guess it already is. Also, if any of the gurus are out there, you guys got any advice on the Stereonepthya corals? I'm really interested in the Lemon Tree Coral and Purple Passion Tree Coral, but I don't want to buy them if they are actually non-photosynthetic like the chili corals etc.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice Regular

More pics

Heres pics of the old corals. Starting with the Neon Green Palau Nephthea. Cause I really like it.

My second fave, the "Pavona maldivensis"

Next ups the green zoas

The pink zoas

The big pink zoas. Its creepy to see the horror i've reaped on this guys if you go back and look at the pics when I got them.

The Shrooms have been on the move lately, even before I added the new leathers.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here's the remaining Xenia's

The GSPs have remained slightly temper-mental, but honestly I think they could just use a good fragging.

The orange monti seems ok still.

I can't really tell if the frag of it's growing much though.

I don't think the purple monti's got long for this world.

and the monit caps not far behind

All in all, I'd say that I learned my lession with stonies and it was just far to soon with not quite enough of the right light, but I did enjoy them while they've lasted. Anyway, feel free as always to leave comments. Oh, I forgot to mention, I did finally get a Yasha shrimp goby with a red banded pistol shrimp. I'm worried the shrimp hasn't survived the transition, but considering it was about 3/4th of an inch... who knows if I'll EVER see it again. I'll try to get pics of the goby since it's not shy in the least bit, its just almost as hard to photograph as the wrasses. I "might" get one of two more fish tops, but I'm just not sure what... and with winter starting it probably wont be until spring, unless something that's to good to pass up comes along that's worth the risk on shipping in winter.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict

i seriously envy your tank. it has got to be one of the coolest tanks on this site for its size that i have seen! great job! i love the color and movement. its really cool.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #126
Aquarium Advice Activist

Gotta agree with the post above.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

any new updates? love the tank!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice Regular

Gonna take a few days for updates... had the day off so I did some tank maintenance which involved some fragging, and as much as I hate it, I had to epoxy one of my plugs to a larger rock so the hermits would quit knocking it off. Bad part of using the epoxy is that it's gonna be a few days before the corals open up again. So I'll probably wait till everyone's happy again before I take some new pics (unless by some miracle they all decide to open up anyway tonight).
Old 11-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks great! Are those maxi-jet mods? How do you like them?
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice Regular

OK, small updates. Think I've added two new fish to tank since my last update. Got a Tail Spot Blenny

Mr Blenny in his home

and a Yellow Assessor

If your looking for a really odd fish, I'd highly recommend the assessor. He swims at odd angles a lot and I often find him swimming upside down under a ledge.

I finally managed to get a pic of my Yasha Shrimp Goby.

Can't help but feel a bit disappointed in this one... she's the must ungoby like goby I've ever seen (Liveaquaria claimed it was female so I'll go with that). I'm still not sure if my pistol shrimp is alive or dead (I assume it's dead and hope it's alive) but the goby doesn't seem to do any of the typical goby stuff like sit on rocks or even hang out near the sand bed (unless I've scared her with the magfloat). Most of the time she's hanging out in mid water like everyone else.

My Porcelain Anemone Crabs recently molted, scared the ever loving carp out of me, but the big one's already back out and looking good.

Next up is the full tank shot.

As you can see, I've added a frag rack and made a few frags of my GSP. Did this for a friend who recently had a tank crash. I plan to frag a few more things, but they'll have to wait for a bit because we just found out that our offer on a house was accepted. Should be really nice, has a heated garage that I plan to turn into a fish room at some point. Wish me luck on the tank move.

Tags
started, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com