Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Regular

Best Wife Ever

OK, I think I might have the best wife ever. I was planning on buying some "easy corals" from my LFS in their next order, so like any good domesticated husband, I asked my wife for permission. I was greeted by blank stares so to argue my case I showed her the Diver's Den on LiveAquaria. What I wasn't expecting was for her to start picking out colors that she liked, much less to ask if we could order some.

I figured she meant try to order some from the LFS. I REALLY wasn't expecting to get a call this morning from Dr Fosters and Smith telling me that shipping was screwed up on my order due to where I live in Alaska. I must say, their CSR's are top notch and were willing to cover my order even though it was going to take longer than they thought (they said that instead of getting it today, I wouldn't get it till Tuesday). So... you can guess at my horror when we got home tonight to find the box sitting on our doorstep since I neither of us was expecting to have to be here to meet it.

So far there's good news, the two groups of zoas have actually opened up while being acclimated, the wild card is that she bought a frag of aquacultured Heteroxenia and so far it's not looking to happy, but i'm hopeful. She bought it since it was on sale and she'd seen Xenia on some nature program and remembered me saying I wanted some. Since my camera sucks for taking close up picks i'm gonna post links to the Dr F&S pages until I can get some pics myself or they take them down.

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Zoanthus gigantus

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Zoanthus gigantus

Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Heteroxenia Polyp, Aquacultured

Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Beautiful tank, I'm really enjoying your thread. You need to find the lost camera and get actual shots of your corals, the links look great but probably look awesome in your tank. Looking forward to the updates.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good job, can't wait to see were you put them in the tank.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow loving the tank! cant wait to see it completed!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #55
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bad news guys... I found my camera... Pics inc as soon as I get done resizing them and sorting through for the good ones (hadn't used the camera in a while so I couldn't remember how to work it at first). Oh, and looks like I got a hitchhiker on my Zoa rock... seems to be a tiny feather duster, but i'll probably post a pic in the ID section to get more opinions.

Inc Pics!

My Fave Rock:

Tube Worm who's finally showing up again after dropping his head:

My other tube worm, seems happy, but I think part of his tube broke from the force of the refugiem when I was breaking it in:
Old 08-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #56
Aquarium Advice Regular

Captive grown Xenia (Heteroxenia sp.) from DrF&S, not sure how happy it is where it's at cause it's actually getting quite a bit of current, but it seems to have "firmed" up a LOT since it was first placed in the tank. First pic with flash, second pic without flash.

This is the Super Pink Palys from DrF&S... the part that gets me is they market them as "limited edition"... like their gonna break the mold or something. The first pic is with flash, the second without. They really are a lot pinker in person though:

Finally, my zoa rock, I really like these polyps, gonna have to get a few pieces of rubble touching it to try and get it to spread so I can share it around town. Again, first pic with flash, second pic without.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

really nice
Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Beautiful, I want coral so bad now!!!

I have a FOWLR and the only reason for that is because I have a CC SeaStar so now Im thinking to put the Seastar in my 8g so I can get coral, lol
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice
Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, good job on the tank. Maybe in the future once my tank is set up and you don't mind i will buy some of those zoas from you once they spread.

Tags
started, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com