Finally.. Great News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The crushed coral and bio balls are not helping with the nitrAte problems. But they are helping with the first 2 parts; ammonia reduction to nitrIte and nirtrIte reduction to nitrAte. If you do intend to remove the bio balls and/or the CC, do it in parts, no more than a third at a time and either after or synchronously with adding more rock (base or LR). Give the tank some time to be re-colonized by the beneficial bacteria before removing any more of the bio balls or cc. Over a period of a month or two you can get rid of both.

thanks for the tips again guys.
and yes i have already been to the Great Barrier Reef. Was a fantastic day but by car i live about i would say 18 hours drive to there then a plane flight across to the island and so forth. so yeah it isnt that easy. i do snorkel quite often around where i live and in parts of sydney. but there is nothing like owning your own reef in your house :D:D
it was very beautiful the GBR though. seen the massive cod there that frequents the area. Also a nice Sea turtle :) was beautiful.

thats what my LFS said cmor. give it time. Looks like to start more LR is the way to go :)
cheers again for the help.

i am not sure what exact the type of crabs are. the LFS just listed them as hermit crabs. apparently i got 2 algae eating and 2 meat eating ones but one died. :( the others are going very well. :)

also i forgot to mention. i have a small internal filter which has sponges in it. would it be worth me turfing the sponges and putting a couple of bags of purigen in there instead?? i really only have it in there for water movement. im just worried as my LFS said he would like to see some kind of filtration in there that would remove larger wastes like a sponge

Back
Top Bottom