I finally picked up that 150 gallong tank today (what a pain to move). As advised, I left the sand in the tank.
Anyway, it looked to be in pretty bad shape when I got it. The walls were covered in algae and all the live rock appeared to be growing's it's own algae with tall wavy strands.
I managed to clean most of the algae off the walls of the tank and I took out some clumps of sand that looked pretty built up.
My question, is what do I do with the live rock? It is all currently submerged in buckets outside. Should I scrape this algae off? I really don't want to put it back in the tank like that.
Should I replace all the sand also or just leave it? As stated, I took a little out so i'll probably put a little more in tomorrow.
Please advise ASAP
as i'd like to do this first thing on Sunday.