FINALLY Pics of my new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtneyclv

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here are some photos of my first saltwater tank. It is a little over two months old. Sorry about the blur, I should have taken photos at night. (I have a good camera but it doesnt photograph tanks well..maybe a different setting?)

Let me know what you think!

Courtney

Attachments

• dscf2068_0224_133.jpg
    dscf2068_0224_133.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 31
  • dscf2069_0225_199.jpg
    dscf2069_0225_199.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 27
  • fktmp71_0246_182.jpg
    fktmp71_0246_182.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 15
  • dscf2096_0242_195.jpg
    dscf2096_0242_195.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 19
  • dscf2161_0261_933.jpg
    dscf2161_0261_933.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 31
  • fktmp69_0230_611.jpg
    fktmp69_0230_611.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 45
That is a super-long tank, and really pretty! How long is it, how many gallons? I'd love to see a couple of "mountains" of rock in there. Will you be adding more rock?

Love it!

It is 82 inches long and 80 gallons. Yes, I will be adding more LR soon. Its just that is so hot here, in Las Vegas, that the shipments are not that great.

UPDATE- BF's nasty trigger ate my royal gramma and is nipping at my Marron clownfish! He is outta there tomorrow!

Hmmm..BF thinks that the royal gramma just died from natural causes(about 2 inches long) trigger is about 3 inches...and that trigger just ate him after he was laying on the bottom. Royal gramma did have some white sand looking spots on his head and then the next day they were gone. Maybe he had a disease but was swimming fine last night.

He also says that the damsels are picking on the clownfish.

What do you think?

From your other post I thought that the trigger attacked and killed your alive royal gramma, which seemed quite unlikely. If it died on its own, that's another story. Any dead fish on the bottom of the tank is fair game for all other inhabitants.

I also think that any damsels you have are likely to be picking on anyone else in your tank! I don't do damsels!!

Thats the thing..I am not sure. I just assumed trigger ate gramma..but maybe not. I have been trying to get rid of the damsels but am having a hard time catching them.

Hmmm...hopefully someone can help me figure out what happened here and why clown has nipped fins.

Courtney, That is a great looking tank. I`m impressed. I would also like to agree with the damsel idea. They can get quite nasty. Keep up the good work and as I said in your other post, Make educated decisions. Both of you. I can see right now this is going to be a great tank later on.

OH MY GOODNESS!! @#$$$@!!!!!

My Majestic angelfish is dead today too and dont know why! She was swimming fine last night. I will post info on another post. I am about to give up and go to freshwater pretty soon...

Tank looks great, but my first thought was that is alot of fish for a 2 month old tank. As I read down I see you are having a few issues. Sorry I have been away from the forum for some time, so I missed the setup process if it is posted.

One thing that might help is if you can update your "my info with more details like kind of filtration. At two months your tank may not even be completely cycled with teh load you have.

Are youe testing the water? If so what are your readings?

Do not give up, maybe just slow down a bit. A new tank is not really established for at least 9-12 months.

Yes I test everything..go to my post.."majestic angelfish is dead too, about to give up"

I am very meticulous with my tank and I think that one fish had ich. My domino damsel is now 'itching' on rock and has a white fin? I think he caught the ich too..
boo hoo

Back
Top Bottom