Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's all that's left underneath its all plumbed in and ready to go just have to go get a light and more sand and whatever else is going in.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok I am getting a ton of micro bubbles from my slimmer ending up in my dt. After the skimmed it goes thru 2 baffles before the return pumps. I have also tried putting various types of sponges over the skimmer output but that didn't help any. Any helpfull tricks or ideas??

Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDshoes
Ok I am getting a ton of micro bubbles from my slimmer ending up in my dt. After the skimmed it goes thru 2 baffles before the return pumps. I have also tried putting various types of sponges over the skimmer output but that didn't help any. Any helpfull tricks or ideas??
Most skimmers need to break themselves in,..the micro bubbles hopefully should go away by themselves in a day or two.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

alot of peopel put filter floss between the baffles or a micro sock on the outlet of the skimmer
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like the sock idea didn't even think of that. Hopefully it is just the break in. Bad news on the lights not here til thursday and that's the day I go back to work. Hopefully don't have to sign for them.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

Filter sock is working good to reduce the bubbles also I had to raise the skimmer 1.5" misread the tape measure lol oops. Also got the refugium up and functioning today and added 2 bottles of tigger pods 20 lbs live sand gonna get 20 more and also about 20-25 lbs of smallpieces of live rock I had.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Freak

Unfortunatly lights are coming in tom morning and I am going to be stuck at work.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Freak

I am having trouble getting my skimmed tuned in correctly it has been abt a week but it keeps overflowing I have tried everything from all the way open to almost closed and am gettig the same result to much overflow into the collection cup. The recommended water level for skimmed is 6-8 inches I am at 7 any ideas? Lights also came ib fine tuning the programming but they look nice not sure on productivity yet since I haven't added any corals til I have everything fine tuned.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

try lowering the amount of water in it. you may have to play around with the height of the skimmer so you can get more air pumped in rather then more water
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lowering water amt in it? R u talking about the valve or doing this by raising the slimmer up? If your talking abt messing with settings I have done this. I have also raised it once I will try a little bit higher.

Tags
starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com