Finally!!! Tank is up and running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, here is the pic I took Friday night after adding my rock. Also in the small picture what is the anemone and the orange ?polyps?. I thought it may be an aipstasia but after reading there are many claims that they do not live in the gulf so then maybe a rock anemone of sorts. Any notions on getting rid of it or keeping it. There are two of them that i have seen so far right next to each other. Thanks. The tank is a lot clearer now and the total ammonia (nh3+nh4) level is below .5 . Anyone know of a test kit that does only NH3 if that is possible. I know the ammonium is not harmful to the fish but i would like a more accurate account of the ammonia in the water. Thanks

My sailfin and yellow get along great. They are best buddies for 3 years now. Additionally I have a naso, hippo & powder blue. All in a 175g. They spend all day in a school swimming back & forth. They all get along great. The naso was just added last week

Has my cycle already finished? I had an outbreak of diatoms and now hair algae. ammonia is <.5 nitrite 0 nitrate 2ppm . All my live rock critters and macro algae are growing great. If so I was thinking of getting a pair of tomato clowns to add to the tank at first. Any other fish that would be better to start with or add to these two?

Back
Top Bottom