Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know your bf is going to be very upset with you if you put them in the tank before he gets home don't you???? LOL

rdnelson99 said:
You know your bf is going to be very upset with you if you put them in the tank before he gets home don't you???? LOL

No, he actually expects all the fishies in the universe to be in the tank by the time he comes home hahahaha and i can't acclimate after he gets here anyways bc I gotta work tonight :(

THX!!! I'm so excited! I'm supposed to be sleeping but so much is going on :)

Randall and the pistol shrimp found a place I approve off. Was worried they r gonna find a home where I can't see em.
Helmut the kole tang (my bf names him!) is doing good to. He was hiding for the longest time but is checking out the place now.

Running only 4 lights, one blue, 2 purple, and one 6000K so nothing is gonna get shocked by too much light

Attachments

• image-4177379276.jpg
    image-4177379276.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4141041495.jpg
    image-4141041495.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image-905828011.jpg
    image-905828011.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3556757698.jpg
    image-3556757698.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 98
Full tank shot. There will be more rocks once the 30g is completely moved. Wanna take at least 1-2 weeks for that so I won't do too much at one time.
As of right now I won't touch the tank until Monday.

Which reminds me: the QT is empty now... Time to get some blue/green chromis ;)

Attachments

• image-3026552708.jpg
    image-3026552708.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 74
By the way, mine is named Neil. Why, because the astronauts drank "Tang" and he was the ultimate astronaut. :)

Thank you guys!!! I'm so happy and proud! Thought that moment will never come LOL

rdnelson99 said:
By the way, mine is named Neil. Why, because the astronauts drank "Tang" and he was the ultimate astronaut. :)
Well, Neil is a cool name. Lance named our tang after Helmut Kohl the ex German bundeskanzler >.< why? Because it's a KOLE tang and it's pronounced just like the Helmut guy... My bf is a big German history buff

lol your tank looks great, you do have something to be proud of. your patience and determination to wait and do it right. i definitely look forward to all of your additions.

Thank you guys!!! I'm so happy and proud! Thought that moment will never come LOL

Well, Neil is a cool name. Lance named our tang after Helmut Kohl the ex German bundeskanzler >.< why? Because it's a KOLE tang and it's pronounced just like the Helmut guy... My bf is a big German history buff

Thinking he and I would get along just fine. My wife hates the name I picked but since he is the only fish that "Belongs" to me (my B-Day present) I got to name him. (y)

Nice job, and nice looking fish. :)

In the end isnt the satisfaction of all the work and patience just SO worth it? lol

coffeetwitch said:
lol your tank looks great, you do have something to be proud of. your patience and determination to wait and do it right. i definitely look forward to all of your additions.

Thx :) dunno about patience though considering how I was whining and crying hahahaha
Definitely will add a pair of B&W clownfish (gonna turn in my tomato, he is way too aggressive). My mandarin will move in last bc I want the tank to mature a much as possible before he moves in. and bc I love wrasses there will be at least 2-3 of em in there. Lance wants bengal cardinals in there but bc they are almost exiting I'm kind if reluctant... need to find some that have been tank bred. And of course I will add 3 blue/green chromis. Don't wanna overstock though... Adding a Black sailfin blenny and that would be it ;) that's roughly 10-12 fish, more than plenty

rdnelson99 said:
Thinking he and I would get along just fine. My wife hates the name I picked but since he is the only fish that "Belongs" to me (my B-Day present) I got to name him. (y)
considering that he paid for the kole AND the name kinda stuck, that will be the only fish he will get to name hahaha his next choices are Hannelore, wilhelm, Dieter and so on... NO WAY! I like Neil, way better than Lances choices >.<

Space lord said:
Looks great,good job
thank you :D

carey said:
Nice job, and nice looking fish. :)

In the end isnt the satisfaction of all the work and patience just SO worth it? lol

Thx Carey :)
It was really worth it... It's like a long long trip an you finally arrived home.
NEED TO SLEEP but can't stop staring at the tank

Wonder if my anemone is gonna like the place I chose for it... Wonder where it will settle.

Pistol shrimp didn't waste one minute ad is already digging around

Attachments

• image-3807424513.jpg
    image-3807424513.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 64
i like the german names. but that may be because im 3rd or 4th gen from the boat. they are good hard strong names... cut sweety pie some slack.

every fairy wrasse ive seen is very cool looking. so go girl. yeah im to white for that to sound right but you get the idea.

very nice tank and you two have potential to do amazing things with it. i think its cute how you two seem to be with the tank. and how you wont let him do too much of the work with it.

coffeetwitch said:
i like the german names. but that may be because im 3rd or 4th gen from the boat. they are good hard strong names... cut sweety pie some slack.

every fairy wrasse ive seen is very cool looking. so go girl. yeah im to white for that to sound right but you get the idea.

very nice tank and you two have potential to do amazing things with it. i think its cute how you two seem to be with the tank. and how you wont let him do too much of the work with it.

Thx coffee, that's very sweet of you :)

Well, I'm 1st gen German: Born and raised. So I'm naturally not very fond of those good old named. Because Lance is a big German history buff and collects world war II miniatures I always say I'm part of his collection ;)

And nope, won't let him touch the tank, just as he won't let me touch his miniatures... Not that I want to anyways LOL
I'm glad he got a big interest in saltwater aquariums ever since I dragged mine into the house when I moved in, it's something we can do together on a daily basis. But if something goes wrong I don't want him to be the one I'm mad at for screwing up, if that makes any sense?!

Full tank shot. There will be more rocks once the 30g is completely moved. Wanna take at least 1-2 weeks for that so I won't do too much at one time.
As of right now I won't touch the tank until Monday.

Which reminds me: the QT is empty now... Time to get some blue/green chromis ;)

I like the rockscape! Your tank is spotless!(y)

redsea said:
I like the rockscape! Your tank is spotless!(y)

Oh wow, thx *blush*
I like it too... Just hope that with the addition of the 30g life rock it's still looks the way I like it... Took me forever to get it just right

Back
Top Bottom