Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Working on it. 6-line and spot blenny have been moved from QT to DT today and we r currently on our way to LFSs to see what they have. Hoping for b/g chromis or aust b&w clowns... But doubt it
Once we get back tonight I'll post some pics ;)

coffeetwitch said:
how fish looking go?

So far snatched 3 corals hahaha Kenya tree, toadstool, and zoas... I think I have a zoa-addiction... I Got like 6-7 different ones in a 5 month period LOL

No decent fish yet. Checked out one LFS and found a sea apple!!! Omg almost got it, but I doubt my tank is established enough. Took a pic though :)

Driving to my regular LFS now... Keep u updated

Attachments

• image-1790371303.jpg
    image-1790371303.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 83
Driving home with my catch of the day: b&w clown pair, 2 cleaner shrimp and the corals mentioned above :)

they are not australian b&w's but they are almost all black with only a bit of yellow. It's really important to me that most stuff is tank bred, and these two sweeties are <3

Unicorn said:
Driving home with my catch of the day: b&w clown pair, 2 cleaner shrimp and the corals mentioned above :)

they are not australian b&w's but they are almost all black with only a bit of yellow. It's really important to me that most stuff is tank bred, and these two sweeties are <3

The misbar I got is an ORA tank bred.. He's doing awesome in the QT tank. Wanna move him so bad.. Lol

Kio707 said:
The misbar I got is an ORA tank bred.. He's doing awesome in the QT tank. Wanna move him so bad.. Lol

I know right?! It's really hard to not throw them into the DT but I wanna do it right and as long as they show no signs of anything the qt time doesn't have to be too long ;)

Here are the promised pictures. If you have any suggestions for my SPS and/or the algae (zero phos and lights are in for 9hrs, good strong current) please comment!!!

Attachments

• image-444498154.jpg
    image-444498154.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2179563420.jpg
    image-2179563420.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 75
  • image-498667937.jpg
    image-498667937.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 96
  • image-3469439313.jpg
    image-3469439313.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 97
  • image-529994818.jpg
    image-529994818.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 87
Cleaner shrimp are still acclimating, pics of them later ;)

Attachments

• image-788566571.jpg
    image-788566571.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image-623278339.jpg
    image-623278339.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3986131687.jpg
    image-3986131687.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 93
Unicorn said:
Cleaner shrimp are still acclimating, pics of them later ;)

Ur clowns will be completely black and white when they mature. My lfs has them in his display tank. His are a year old and completely b&w. Sps look great too!

coffeetwitch said:
very pretty clowns. we almost got a picasso today. but then i would be hesitant about a black ice latter.

Aren't those Picasso clowns really expansive?

Kio707 said:
Ur clowns will be completely black and white when they mature. My lfs has them in his display tank. His are a year old and completely b&w. Sps look great too!

Dunno, did u see the base of the SPS? It's completely white :,( what should I do?
I moved it down some. Maybe that'll help ?!

coffeetwitch said:
$44 that was it. not a bad looking specimen either.

Not bad :) did they have em in pairs?

coffeetwitch said:
how are your b&w's doing? and the new corals?

They r doing great! I woke my boyfriend up with a I-got-black-and-white-clownfishies song LOL
Did a water change in the big tank. Won't do or add anything more right now, worried that I'm going to fast LOL

yep. so far, sweety pie and i have done good with sticking to a little bit a week to let everything settle down and even out.

Back
Top Bottom