Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
I tried looking up info on phosphate reactors. What can you tell me about them? Should they be standard equipment for sw?

Nope, dont really think they are all THAT.
BUT, and that's a big but, if you have a sump, I think they are a good idea.

When I added Rowa and/or carbon to the tank, I basically just threw the bag/sock in there. First I had them stuck in between one if the baffles, but those r filled with filter floss now. If you have no designated place for your carbon or other media than a phos reactor is a good idea bc is forces water through the media instead of just having the media just thrown in somewhere.
If you have a canister filter or HOB filter, than you really don't need it.

Hope this helps

I like to think it as stages we for though.. I usually just cut back feeding during a period of growth and usually cut back the white light... I have noticed the beginning of fall on spring I get some growth.. if it bothers you to much look in to getting an algae scrubber ..there is a nice one I've contemplated that sit on top that uses your existing light..

Unicorn said:
Thx smith :)
Yes, I'm embarrassed too LOL my friend from Germany is coming to visit and I wanted to show off a nice, crips-clear tank... Instead I may just have Tarzan swinging around in there LOL

I'll be patient though ;) thank you

When's your friend coming in? You could be the only girl with Tarzan in an aquarium so that's still something to see!

Jsmith79 said:
I just went through the algae blooms also mine lasted 3 weeks, and the whole time I was thinking what should I change to make this go away, but I read on here and the majority of things said it would go away on it's own so I reluctantly left everything the way it was, and it finally cleared up on it's own. It went from crazy green and brown to nice and clear again on it's own. For awhile I was embarrassed to show my tank off. Good luck I hope it clears up soon.

Yeh, have to agree. I was beginning to think that I would have to clean my tank 3 times everyday and nearly gave up!

A full 7 weeks later and mine did exactly the same. Got up one morning and it was nearly spotless, I was speechless!

Spent the rest of the day just staring!

It will go away soon Unicorn,

Just keep up with them pwc's,

:)

Carpious said:
Yeh, have to agree. I was beginning to think that I would have to clean my tank 3 times everyday and nearly gave up!

A full 7 weeks later and mine did exactly the same. Got up one morning and it was nearly spotless, I was speechless!

Spent the rest of the day just staring!

It will go away soon Unicorn,

Just keep up with them pwc's,

:)

I hope so too :) I'm already staring at it as it is LOL hardly get anything else done LOL

coffeetwitch said:
When's your friend coming in? You could be the only girl with Tarzan in an aquarium so that's still something to see!
hahaha... I wish
She will be here on Sunday for 2 weeks. I'm really excited

Hope so too
Here is a pic of Randall looking at me saying: "hey you! Yes you!! When u think you gonna clean up this mess?!"

Attachments

• image-3979553945.jpg
    image-3979553945.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3481560752.jpg
    image-3481560752.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 62
Where is Randall all I see is green, just joking it doesn't look near as bad as it sounded in there. I'm sure it will clear up soon.

Jsmith79 said:
Where is Randall all I see is green, just joking it doesn't look near as bad as it sounded in there. I'm sure it will clear up soon.

Haha mr smartypants LOL

The tank isn't really THAT bad, but still bad enough. Haven't taken pics of the bad parts yet because I don't want them to think they look good and picture worthy, get an ego and reproduce more ;)

Aaaahhhh WTF?!?!
I added my clownfish pair, but as soon as I added I could only see one o_O
I have no freaking clue where the second one went the second I put them in!!! That's so weird!! have no clue, looked everywhere... EVERYWHERE

Unicorn said:
Aaaahhhh WTF?!?!
I added my clownfish pair, but as soon as I added I could only see one o_O
I have no freaking clue where the second one went the second I put them in!!! That's so weird!! have no clue, looked everywhere... EVERYWHERE

Probably hiding in a rock or near the overflow.. Its around...

Kio707 said:
Probably hiding in a rock or near the overflow.. Its around...

I seriously looked everywhere. His buddy is all over the place, checking out the anemone, eating, "talking" to other fish (or whatever they do)... But the other one is gone since the first second. It's not on the floor, behind the tank, and the dogs didn't eat it either... Really don't get it O.O

Unicorn said:
I seriously looked everywhere. His buddy is all over the place, checking out the anemone, eating, "talking" to other fish (or whatever they do)... But the other one is gone since the first second. It's not on the floor, behind the tank, and the dogs didn't eat it either... Really don't get it O.O

Something eat it?

Kio707 said:
Something eat it?

I wouldn't know what... Have a kole tang, 6 line wrasse, spot blennies, Randall gobby, cleaner shrimp, and my mandarin in there... Also checked on my serpent star and he didn't eat it

Unicorn said:
I wouldn't know what... Have a kole tang, 6 line wrasse, spot blennies, Randall gobby, cleaner shrimp, and my mandarin in there... Also checked on my serpent star and he didn't eat it

He's around, just give it time.

coffeetwitch said:
are you sure you had two to start with?

... Yes

Trust me, I'm thinking that I'm going crazy! I checked the net like 50 times now, my buckets, even the QT were my firefin is in now... Under the couch, sump, overflow, backyard, neighbors, Russia, my bra (seriousl did check there!!!), purse, and car....

coffeetwitch said:
sounds like a houdini clownfish. who looses fish in their bra? russia or the neighbors i get.

I think I'm going insane... We used a mirror on the back: nothing
If I could at least find the body so I can remove it... This sucks

Back
Top Bottom