Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stocking list

OK, Ammonia is like 3-2ppm, still no drastic drops over night that may tell me that I'm close to done. No surprise though, only has been a week :rolleyes:

while deciding on light bulb combos, I'm also starting to dream about fish in my new tank.
my 30g is of course moving in too.
I currently have:
Mandarin gobby
Cleaner shrimp
Sally Lightfoot crab
Cinamon Tomato Clown
Sand shifting Starfish
CUC (Hermits and Snails)
I'm thinking about turning in the Tomato Clown because he is pretty aggressive and I don't want an aggressive tank.
Here is what I want in my 120 reef tank incl the above fishies minus TC:
1 Black Sailfin Blennie
2 B+W Clown Fish
1 Randall's Goby
1 Tiger pistol Shrimp
2-3 Wrasses
1 Kole Tang
Any oppinions on this?

Can I add an Emerald Crab and a second cleaner shrimp?
Will the Sally Light Foot or Emerald Crab harm my Pistol Shrimp?
Also, please read my Wrasse Thread so I know how to decide.

Please advice so I know what to plan and prepare for

BTW if anybody wants a Tomato Clown, he is ready for pick up!!!! :fish1:

List looks good, I too am considering the black sailfin belnny, he is the coolest looking fish! I have a bunch of emeralds in my tank with a pistol and hteyve been fine. And yes, you can add some more cleaner shrimp for sure. I had 5 in my tank at one time. :)

carey said:
List looks good, I too am considering the black sailfin belnny, he is the coolest looking fish! I have a bunch of emeralds in my tank with a pistol and hteyve been fine. And yes, you can add some more cleaner shrimp for sure. I had 5 in my tank at one time. :)

Are the Sally and the emerald gonna get along though?!

BTW: MY LIGHTS ARRIVED!!!! It's a monster! Friday we will get the legs so I can mount it.
This means SERIOUS BULB RESEARCHING TIME!!!!

Attachments

• image-2944484227.jpg
    image-2944484227.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 74
Another pic after opening box... ITS HUGE!
BTW u can now see my ATO on the lower right side. Still havent gotten around to find a smaller container that fits under the tank so that has to do for now.

Attachments

• image-359170578.jpg
    image-359170578.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 75
ATO or the light fixture?

That fixture is HUGE! I already told bf that we prolly need to wear our sunglasses INSIDE the house now :cool:

ok, who wants to hear some bad news?!

Well, after my inital OMG-THE-LIGHT-FIXTURE-IS-HERE party and second investigation of the fixture I actually noticed some damage on it. ALSO, the acrylic screen it came with was TOTALY scratched.
Dunno how I could not have noticed it first, must have been TOO happy.

I'm kinda PO now, sent marinedepot.com an email with pictures attached and my bf called them (and they asked for pictures)

The fixture has scratches, dents etc.. it looks more refurbished and pre-used than brand-new :mad::mad::mad:

img_1523452_0_6cf536131779c10d8f619ebb4e37ca88.jpg

img_1523452_1_8f49f358e4e5928637774968653172c2.jpg

img_1523452_2_9bd914f7b9dfa3229af15d26ca5511e8.jpg

i don't believe they sent it out like that, thats terrible. I ordered some stuff from them the other day and am waiting for it to arrive still, hope I have better luck.

I'm guessing they will make it right with you though, they arent fly by night like some places.

well, I usually have REALLY GOOD experience with them, otherwise I would have never let Lance spend that much money there. I would have recommended them any time. I'm really bumped that that had to happen to me and I hope they resolve the problem ASAP.
Wanted to order bulbs from there, but considering how they handle stuff I may refrain :ermm:

That can't blame that on the shipping company! That is really uncool.

Thats the thing, the carton it came with was immaculate!!! It was marinedepot's fault, not the shipping company.

The fixture didnt come with it's original packaging to begin with, the acrylic sheet was just flying around in there :nono: very sloppy handling for the BIG BUXX we spend on it.

They received a LOOOOONG email from me, lets see how they'll handle it

gew,

out of curiosity, have you tested operation with any old bulbs?

nope, cuz I still need to buy them.
I mentioned in the email that it is unknown if it is working bc I still need to buy bulbs.

We have been ordering from them ALOT and used to be returning customers every time we buy there we spend > $180 there (to save on shipping)... I hope they value that

Can't sleep, as always LOL

Did a water test:
Ammonia 0.25-0.5
Nitrite 1-2ppm
Nitrate 80 LOL

godda say it did a GREAT job dropping :)
Added some more ammonia, let's see what happeneds
Tomorrow I'll do a quick small water change to get rid of some of the trates, test again and wait some more

Edit: OMG how can I forget mentioning that: also bit on some corals on eBay :) mostly zoas that would survive in my 30g until the #%*&$@ light fixture issue is resolved... I just couldn't pass by those beautiful little corals ;b

Marinedepot customer care answered my email today. Of course they blamed it on the shipping company... BUT they stated that my new light fixture will arrive in approx 4 days. I'm having high hopes, so let's see if they live up to their promise of sending me a better item.

Also, look what arrived today :D
I love looking at my refugium just as much as looking at my DT, so verity of macro algae was important. I rinsed every single piece to make sure there aren't any bad hitchhikers in there. Also got 6 mangroves even though I only payed for 3. They r not in the picture due to the water being too high. Have to come up with a contraption to get them higher up there... But being the DIY-Queen that I just turned into thx to my sump, Im sure U can make something :)

Attachments

• image-786279632.jpg
    image-786279632.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image-813610965.jpg
    image-813610965.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 84
coffeetwitch said:
What are u doing with ur old new lite?

They told me to keep it O.O

They stated to hold them for 2 weeks and if UPS did not pick them up they are mine to keep or throw away... Let's hope they forget I ever existed after I get my new lights and I have an extra set to sell ;b

If you want to help a brother out I'm looking for lights for my 75. I'm sure I can find a way to make em fit. It's just foot difference.

Ha like I could ever pay u what you could probably sell it for on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom