Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unicorn said:
They told me to keep it O.O

They stated to hold them for 2 weeks and if UPS did not pick them up they are mine to keep or throw away... Let's hope they forget I ever existed after I get my new lights and I have an extra set to sell ;b

Let me know if u wanna sell them. I'll deposit the money tomorrow...

I may want dibs too! LOL I'm in florida so I could easily pick them up. :)

Just a thought. Look at us vultures, just circling waiting for a good deal.

I do bet that they send UPS out with a return sticker for them to get it back though. I;ve been through similar situations before and that usually happens. takes a few days usaullay to do a call pickup, but if they are blaming UPS then they will need it back and packaging to file their claim.

Haha, u guys r too funny. It's ok though, already called dips on carey's frags ;b

I would ask full price If course, but they are rare and AWESOME lol
Doubt they will let me keep em though... I'll let u know!

Haha, u guys r too funny. It's ok though, already called dips on carey's frags ;b

I would ask full price If course, but they are rare and AWESOME lol
Doubt they will let me keep em though... I'll let u know!

whats full price? It is damaged...:rolleyes:

coffeetwitch said:
If you want to help a brother out I'm looking for lights for my 75. I'm sure I can find a way to make em fit. It's just foot difference.

Ha like I could ever pay u what you could probably sell it for on craigslist.

Ur 75g would look like a pico under this monster!!!

OMG my ammonia tested 0 !!!!!!! Sadly I gotta run to work and can't do the necessary stuff the test and see if it will drop to zero in 8-12 hrs :( I added 10ml of ammonia (20 made it go to 4ppm) so the bacteria won't starve and it can cycle some more until I get back. I'm off this weekend: it's gonna get exciting

OMG my ammonia tested 0 !!!!!!! Sadly I gotta run to work and can't do the necessary stuff the test and see if it will drop to zero in 8-12 hrs :( I added 10ml of ammonia (20 made it go to 4ppm) so the bacteria won't starve and it can cycle some more until I get back. I'm off this weekend: it's gonna get exciting

Looking forward to the pics. :)

after 24hrs Ammonia tested 0-0.25, Nitrite 2.0ppm and Nitrate ~10-20ppm. Well, guess there is some more cycling to be done :rolleyes:
Thats ok though, feel like we are close. Also will have to start doing the QT set up soon

BUT FIRST: lets order some light bulbs !!!!

I'll let u know how that worked out :hide:

Well, in Case somebody is wondering if I have an update: I don't LOL
stupid Nitrites are being stupid an don't wanna budge

And I received my replacement light fixture that is just as damaged as the previous one... Seriously?!?!?!
My bf called them again and this time they stated that they personally wrap it and send another one... Seriously?!?!
Getting tired of it....

But while the nitrites don't wanna drop anyways... *Sigh*

Omg, what luck you are having with this fixture! At least they are willing to help. If the next one is damaged I would just suck it up if it isnt too bad and ask for a steep discount. Thats what I would do.

i would open up a damaged light shop and make a killing.

have you tried a big pwc for your cycle to help the nitrates?

carey said:
Omg, what luck you are having with this fixture! At least they are willing to help. If the next one is damaged I would just suck it up if it isnt too bad and ask for a steep discount. Thats what I would do.

I would have sucked it up with the second one, but the dent was on the front were I have to look at it every day... If it would have been in the back I would have not told my bf. But in the other hand: for what we payed I expected more

coffeetwitch said:
i would open up a damaged light shop and make a killing.

have you tried a big pwc for your cycle to help the nitrates?

It the nitrites, not the trates. Don't think it would help much... Ammonia is dropping over night like crazy though, that makes me very happy :)

I Just need to be patient. Was just so upset about the light fixture...

my bad, i did misread that. man i hope they settle out soon, i would like to see more pictures.

things are moving slow on my end too. seems like over night we got a big pile of stuff we want to move on and cant

coffeetwitch said:
my bad, i did misread that. man i hope they settle out soon, i would like to see more pictures.

things are moving slow on my end too. seems like over night we got a big pile of stuff we want to move on and cant

Well, now that u r building 2 tanks I'm not surprised hahahahaha and yes, I'm jealous ;b

Will do!
Homework first and then I'll reveal my secrets ;)

Back
Top Bottom