Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently in the car driving back from fish shopping: 6 line wrasse, tail spot blenny (boyfriends choice), and a baby tux urchin. Sadly they were out of b/g chromis and their b/w clowns were already sold and were on hold :(

bummer. but sweet score on your others... i need some clowns for my little tank. im going to have to go look up the blenny and your baby tux urchin.

thanks for the pic btw.

Unicorn said:
Currently in the car driving back from fish shopping: 6 line wrasse, tail spot blenny (boyfriends choice), and a baby tux urchin. Sadly they were out of b/g chromis and their b/w clowns were already sold and were on hold :(

Hope you are not the one driving.LOL

lol weve covered that on another post, i think shes like my sweety pie, a master of multitasking and somehow wreck-less driving.

coffeetwitch said:
lol weve covered that on another post, i think shes like my sweety pie, a master of multitasking and somehow wreck-less driving.

Hey, I learned driving in Germany: I can drive 110 mph and put on make up at the same time... It's in my DNA ;b

But no, Lance was actually driving LOL

Unicorn said:
Hey, I learned driving in Germany: I can drive 110 mph and put on make up at the same time... It's in my DNA ;b

But no, Lance was actually driving LOL

Interesting. Ha I think it's amusing figuring out the back stories behind the words that I read and look forward to reading.

ilostnemo said:
lol i can text and drive. i dont do it though (legal disclaimer) haha.
Of course not LOL I would never use my powers for evil 
coffeetwitch said:
Interesting. Ha I think it's amusing figuring out the back stories behind the words that I read and look forward to reading.

I Know right :) don't worry, there will be more

Here are some picks but not very good ones :(
6 line wrasse is never holding still

BTW the tank is cloudy due to pistol shrimp stirring up all the sand...

Attachments

• image-244019305.jpg
    image-244019305.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1501344377.jpg
    image-1501344377.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3605630824.jpg
    image-3605630824.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1146031882.jpg
    image-1146031882.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 100
Urkel the urchin found some Nice cloths to wear and he is pooping like crazy LOL

Also, look who showed up? Everybody's favorite algae bloom :) hope it'll die down soon

Attachments

• image-964586095.jpg
    image-964586095.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image-3439309253.jpg
    image-3439309253.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3710854593.jpg
    image-3710854593.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 143
I LOVE the six-line wrasse, very beautiful fish, and every one I've seen at my LFS has been super active. I'll be getting one for sure when my tank's cycled. Nice score on the new fishies :)

Hahaha. Too funny.

Hey your a DIY er. Tell me why I shouldn't make a DIY overflow with 1"PVC to be used with a pump rated at 800gph at 4'. Please and I thank you.

Ps nice new avatar

coffeetwitch said:
Hahaha. Too funny.

Hey your a DIY er. Tell me why I shouldn't make a DIY overflow with 1"PVC to be used with a pump rated at 800gph at 4'. Please and I thank you.

Ps nice new avatar

Dunno, there actually is a math behind it but my wild guess is: it's not big enough?! Did anybody say it's not gonna work? I have a mag 7 with two 1 1/4 overflows... But I had to turn my ball valves to 1/4 open (3/4 closed)... Dont know if ur overflow is big enough, but I would think it is...?! Dunno

And thank you :)

kio mentioned to use 1.25 but when i got to hd it look ginormous. ok then im done hijacking.

thanks for your input and your welcome

coffeetwitch said:
kio mentioned to use 1.25 but when i got to hd it look ginormous. ok then im done hijacking.

thanks for your input and your welcome

It's not as big as u think, just looks like it ;)
And no prob, hijack as much as u like

Did a 15g water change yesterday and tested the levels this morning (12hrs later) and they are great:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

Will check pH, dKH, calcium and all that later today after school

The algae bloom is crazy, have carbon and Rawa Phos in the sump

Also ordered my CUC today. Went with the 55g Quick crew with hermits and added 2 more emerald crabs and some more cheato :) sadly he was out of ulva, but will order it once it's back on the list ;)

Back
Top Bottom