Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2003, 06:45 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
BUT I dont think a movie is going to RUIN the hobby
There is no one thing that is going to ruin the hobby, we've already done a fair amount of that, there is, however, several things that can be the straw that broke the camels back.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I understand that, but this thread is about the finding nemo movie, not the Tetra thing, or all the other things people are getting so mad over.

Old 07-02-2003, 08:01 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

This thread is not about finding nemo the movie, it is about the interest it will spark in SW fish keeping, however, whether you understand or not, my comment was a rebuttal of something you typed in this thread. It's hypocritical to aid in going off topic (which I don't feel this is) and then when people don't agree with you to try to admonish people for going off topic

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
good point i have wondered that myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hara
or we can all be lax and lazy about it. Do an ostrich routine and when it is all
depleted, scratch our heads and wonder why. The lack of knowledge surrounding the depletion of the reefs quite amazes me. The endangered species are too numerous to ignore. Yeah, you can raise clownfish in captivity, but that is not the point. What about all the species you cant?

Quote:
I wonder what the popularity of coral calcium is going to do.
[
quote][/quote]
http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry if I highjacked your thread. I am gonna shutup now, feel I am preaching to a wall.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:31 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Rfunk79 Send a message via Yahoo to Rfunk79
Did you see the miseducated junk that Terta did i think on GMA? They didn't go into any of the details of running a saltwater tank, and then suggested you can put a blue tang and SEVERAL clowns in one smal tank!
" LUCKY! "
Rfunk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:42 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I dont want to come off the wrong way, but everyone thinks that a few people buying a clownfish, and it dying, is gonna make PETA and the other tree huggers cause the US government to ban all the LFS's from selling anything live.
I know we aren't supposed to be running the thread off topic, but I wanted to make an important point.

The major collectors (all of which happen to be in California) barely squeaked out of a court ruling putting major restrictions on the collection of fish, that's right, the one's we all keep. They were able to put off the restrictions by promising to police themselves better and improve the welfare of the collected fish. I can safely assume that they have a limited time to show results.

So while you may not be aware, YES....we are really that close to having a limited hobby. And with the attitude of many hobbyists, retailers, collectors, etc., I honestly can't say that it would be a bad thing right now .
Old 07-03-2003, 01:11 AM   #18

I can't add much to this thread but to say I agree with Hoops and ReefRunner..
Old 07-03-2003, 02:36 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Although it is extremely important to understand the effects of irresponsible reefkeeping and how it affects nature, i think some people should allow others to express their opinions without taking this topic so personal and leaving nasty replies....after all it is just someone's opinion.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com