Finished Fuge any comments (pic included)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, got my calurpa and fuge critters in today and finished the setup. I wanted to toss a pic out here to see if anyone had some advice on what I have done or any comments. Thanks everyone!

Very pretty, I like it. I am a huge fuge fan.. but out of curiosity what plants are those specifically.. they look like grape culerpa on one side and fern on the other. I have "suction cup" culerpa in mine and some spaghetti algae in the other (which I hope to eventually have it take over). What critters do you have in there? Also what size refugium do you have, and whats your light period... 12 hours, 24/7?

Thanks! I have grape calurpa, notched calurpa, and sawblade calurpa from left to right. The fuge has two micro brittle stars, two micro sand stars, dozen or so misc pods, a couple peppermint snails, four baby bristle worms, and a quarter pound of live rock. The lights run 24/7. I am using ten pounds of Lengs Miracle Mud for substrate, and it holds around ten gallons total.

You could run the lights on a reverse light cycle of your main tank. This would benifit your calurpa since it would give it a more natural lighting cycle and also since its on a reverse cycle the PH would be more stable in the tank since the calurpa would be adding oxygen into the water when the main lights are off.

Back
Top Bottom