Finishing up week 1 of cycling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My stuff is at:
Specific gravity : 1.021
pH: 7.8
NO-2 : 2.0 ppm
NO-3 : 80-160 ppm
Temp is readin 84f

Are all these not normal to be at w week 1??

Personally I'd raise the gravity to 1.023 at least I keep mine at 1.024. And I'd drop your temp to 79- 80. But that's just my opinion. Your trAtes are looking rather high don't think mine even tests that high.

The only stats you need to worry about during the cycle is Ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. I dont see your ammonia reading. Other readings will be skewed because of the high ammonts of these. Drop your temp to 80 degrees.

I haven't added anything to water... I bought my salt water Pre made from my LFS... I added 10lbs of live rock in it and that's all

In order to grow bacteria, they like the temperature higher. Keeping the temp up is fine. It will help with growth. :) (Just make sure your temp is down a bit and steady when you want to add your first fish) As far as the salt...just keep it consistent, if your LFS will be selling you healthy fish that like that specific gravity, then keep it the same.

Make sure you do have an ammonia source as well, to feed your bacteria! Keep up the good work.

That's what I heard about the temp that's y it's so high... What do u mean an ammonia source? WhT would u suggest?

Ok so I went to the store today and asked the lady where their UNCOOKED shrimp cock tail was and they said there was no such thing... Did u mean the precooked shrimp cocktail that's in bags already? Or what.... I'm confused

It's uncooked shrimp that have the shell/tail on. Cheaper stuff is generally in the frozen section. No precooked shrimp, buy the stuff that has not been cooked yet.

J19Reynolds said:
Ok so I went to the store today and asked the lady where their UNCOOKED shrimp cock tail was and they said there was no such thing... Did u mean the precooked shrimp cocktail that's in bags already? Or what.... I'm confused

It's the grey stuff in the fresh meat area. Should be on ice.

Back
Top Bottom