Fire fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris-Nicol

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys!

I got a fire fish a couple of weeks ago and all it seems to be doing is hiding in a cave under my live rock! Is this usually how they behave? I have a peaceful tank so don't think it would be stressed

i've had them dart in the rocks when i walked by, but after a couple weeks and feeding regularly, they should feel a little better about staying out. do they come out when you feed? have you seen them eat?
just because you add non-threatening tank mates, doesn't mean the fish will not be stressed. most of the livestock we purchase is plucked right from the ocean and put into small cubes and stared at by giant "monsters" who put their hands in the tank from time to time. when you think of it that way, you can't really blame them.

Well it was out in the open for the first few days and didnt even budge when i walked past the tank but its just suddenly hiding all the time. It's at a cave at the front my tank and he just pokes his head out to grab food that floats past. Im glad he's eating but I just don't want him to be stressed! Yeah I suppose if I was in his shoes I'd be a bit scared too!

he's probably just comfortable in his new cave, my two clowns love being at the top of the water behind my power filters, they venture out to eat and stuff but that seems to be thair favorite place to hang out

just make sure all parameters are in acceptable range and not fluctuating greatly (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, and temp), and your fish should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom