Firefish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I everyone I'm planning on getting my little brother my 29g tank for his birthday. I am relatively new to saltwater and could use all the advice I can get on how to set it up and what he will need. He really loves firefish but likes both the regular ones and the purples so I was thinking of getting him a pair of a M regular and a F purple firefish if you think that would be possible than how can you determine the sexes of firefish. Finally if any one out there knows how to breed firefish that would be great. Thanks.
Forester

Not sure that you can mix and match them without getting aggression between them. I'm pretty sure it has to be a mated pair. :)

Thanks Carey
If I got the two types and put them together and and they were male and female would they mate or would they still just fight with each other. Thanks

I really have no idea what would happen. i think alot would depend on the fish. Some fish are just mean lol I also don't know how you would sex them, to me they all look alike.

Back
Top Bottom