Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

First Coral

I'm just looking for some input on how a finger leather/colt coral would do for a first coral. I am very consistent with weekly 20% water changes (would dosing be necessary, if using reef crystal?) I'm open to all suggestions in regards to what I should start with but would like to know specifically about finger leathers.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Should have added I'm not very interested in Xenia or mushrooms

Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Colts are easy, but some tank details as well as your goals are will help others help you
ANd there is no need to dose anything with a soft coral (well, usually no need)..
Old 07-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have 54 gallon corner tank, eshopp PSK 100 skimmer, solar flare dx 224 (can't find many reviews about these lights) and a hydro 850 powerhead. I actually posted tank update with tank setup if I forgot anything else you should know. My overall goal is to grow as many healthy colorful corals as I can. I want to take it slow and do it right so I'm really just trying to gain as much knowledge as I can before I jump in. I understand I should start with soft and have been informed my weekly 20% water changes should be adequate to keep them healthy. Im all ears for a good approach to getting started with corals.

Tags
coral, first coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com