First Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a few bristle worms on the rock I recently added. How important are they to a system? I retested the water and ammonia is down to zero nitrate is still 20, but I am going to do another water change tonight. Will work on a picture, but it is "deflated" now

With the leather, do you mean a change from when the polyps are out to when they are not out? If so, that is normal. It may look to puff up a bit during the time when the polyps are out, usually when the lights are on. Most corals don't puff up at night because there is no light, and the reason for puffing up is to expand surface area, which gives them more exposure to light. Hope that makes sense.

So if you are noticing the puffing up in response to light cycles, no worries.

HTH!

That makes sence and i was thinking that because it puffs up when the lights turn on, but it usually shrimks down before the lights turn off. Does this mean there is light on it for too long?

Probably not. I'm guessing it means that either a) it has had enough light and doesn't need any more or b) it knows that the lights will go off soon so it's getting a head start.

Back
Top Bottom