First corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I moved them up to a spot with more flow and they almost instantly started opening. I think they might be getting their color back a little. We'll see how it goes

if they got dull, it may be due to insufficient lighting. raising them closer to the lamps should help with that if so.

I got this favia last night and it seems to be doing good. I've seen its little tentacle things come out a couple times and just now I watched it grab a peice of mysis shrimp and pull it in. Any idea what kind of favia it is?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111213_210126.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111213_210126.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 86
Watching it eat is very cool. You can see on the left it just pulled a peice in

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111213_210448.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111213_210448.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 105
Very neat! I love watching my coral eat! I only feed my duncans right now but its awesome fun to watch.

Nice frag! (y)

I can already see its grown on one side, I've only had it for almost 2 days.

LPS corals can significantly change their 'volume' because (depending on the type of LPS coral it is) they can increase/decrease the size of their polyps (either by drawing water into them or expelling the water).

With this type of coral actual 'growth' will come form of expanded skeletal structure and additional polyps.

kay-bee19 said:
Nice frag! (y)

LPS corals can significantly change their 'volume' because (depending on the type of LPS coral it is) they can increase/decrease the size of their polyps (either by drawing water into them or expelling the water).

With this type of coral actual 'growth' will come form of expanded skeletal growth and additional polyps.

Oh got it. Do you have any idea what kind it is specifically?

New branching hammer frag, has 2 heads

I just moved it so its not quite fully extended but its been doing great all day. Some tentacles started getting long and skinny earlier so I fed it some mysis and they went back to normal. What do you all think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111215_205315.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111215_205315.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 70
So one of the polpys on my zoas keeps closing then opening but not opening all the way. Its been doing this for 2 days but the rest seem to be doing good, a new one is even growing. Parameters are good, ammo 0, rites 0, rates 0

Back
Top Bottom