first corals???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has been up now for about 3 months. The stats of it are below. I would like to have some corals to try. I like Xenia, and Zoos. Should I wait longer for the tank to "mature" more?

You should be good to go for most easier corals. I would still wait a while for anemones though.

'shrooms are also another great starter coral. As long as everything in your tank is stable and you have no chemistry issues you should have no problems adding a few easy corals in there.

shrooms are ridiculously easy to care for, I am not even sure if it is possible to kill them as long as you keep them in light and don't fill the tank up with ketchup.

I'd say you'd probably be okay with just about anything at this point........... I had about 7 or 8 corals when I was at the 3 month mark......... now I have 28 in a 20 gallon and it hasn't even been a year.

xenia-go for it
zoos-go for it

the best advice i can give you for either would be to put them in some salt water and under some light ;) if the xenia lives past a week it will never die. I'm not really sure how you could kill zoos either.

just my $.02 ...... others will feel differently.

I've had my tanks set up for about 2 months and I have zoos, Xenia, button polyps, bubble coral, and some Montipora frags.

All doing quite nicely.

Back
Top Bottom