First fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjs1949

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

Starting a new first saltwater tank. Have aged the water and am ready for first fish. Have heard different opinions about clown fish. Would like to start with two clowns. One orange and one black. Is this a good idea?

Put it in bottles in the cellar and gave them a half turn every month?

Please read about fishless cycling below.

That's what I am asking, do you mean that it is cycled or did you just put the water in the tank and wait a few days? I have just never heard the term "aged the water" I have read the article about fifty times lol.

Is your tank cycled? Read our article on cycling in the post above. How big is your tank?

Yes. Setup the tank about a month ago. Have live rock, skimmer etc. Water tested cycled and numbers are good.

Any answers to my questions about the fish?

Answer one more question and I can give you an educated guess. How big is the tank?

That's good to hear. My clown is very aggressive, so I would recommend adding clowns at the same time and after any more docile fish you plan to add. I have heard that you should have clowns of the same color, I don't know from experience though.

But like Melosu58 said it would depend on tank size.

I think a pair of clowns would be ok in there. I wouldn't add them until after the less aggressive fish though.

Clowns are definitely a good starter fish. I can pet mine. But there are some real nasties tho. As far as cycling goes. If you get new tank syndrome additive you can put clowns in the next day. It works well for them. But I wouldn't put delicate species in there until you get a couple of hardy fish in there to start the waste cycle

I was just trying to say if the guy was in a rush that the new tank syndrome additive works well. If u don't get retarded

Back
Top Bottom