first fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
what would make a better first fish, a 2 false percula clown or a couple green/blue cromis? or is there some thing else that you would recommend?

Is your tank cycled?

If so, out of those choices and would go with the clown. Im not a fan of the chromis. To me they look blah. But that is just my opinion.

How big is your tank? If I new how big your tank is I could give you other recommendations.

Probably one clown to start. If I remember correctly, your tank is a 30gal? I wouldn't add more than one fish at a time to a tank that size. If you do go with the chromis, get 2 very small ones. JMHO.

Clowns have personality, chromis's don't. And in the words of the wise Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, "personality goes a long way"

Whoa

If your tank has not cycled, then don't get any fish. I think it's much more humane to cycle a tank without using fish. However, if you want to look at something other than water in a tank, then get a Damsel of some kind. They are heartier than either the Chromis or the Clown. JMHO.

Why does everyone wanna hate on the poor little chromis??? I have 4 and I love the little guys. They are out all the time, add a splash of lime green, and come straight to the front of the glass if I come to the tank. Granted it is probobly because they think it is feeding time, the little buggers will eat ANYTHING! So to me, the first fish should be which you like better. Clowns are fun and pretty, but there is nothing wrong with my little buddies either :wink:

the tank is 70gallons and its doesnt even have the water in it yet , and i know all about cycleing tanks and this one will be cycled well before any fish are put into it.

I'm using clowns, a sabae and a percula. But they fight a little bit. I'd suggest 1 clown and with the tank cycling....i've been using this tropical science nitromax marine...it keeps all the ammonia at 0 and the nitrites too.

Back
Top Bottom