Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #31
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

So here's what it looks like right now. Im totally open for ideas how to make it look better. It's not quite what i had planned, but whose plans ever come together right anyways?

and here's the snail the guy said was a margarita snail, though it looks like none i've seen online...

Oh, and i know cleaning the glass would help... too tired right now

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice aquascape Jonothan.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cleaning the glass was my first thought! Real nice scaping though. I like the openest and flow of your rockwork.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you thought about trading the kenyas in? I mean you could probably use the store credit. And BTW i would love to do sw. But i have eficially run out of room. I have a really acquard space in my room i was debating doing a odd shaped sw or crab tank. Cant decide. I still say in the end i would do sw as i could get some of the coolest oddballs in FW. But i like corals so you never know.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

I started with a 29 gallon wal~mart special with some FW fish... then found a LFS said I want one of those.... he said then you need SW... so I got a 70g tank and made a nice set-up leaked all over my house fixed it then had to move... now I'm setting up a 320g with a 110g on the bottom... the moral of the story is once you go SW you may get a FW as well but your heart will always be in the reef.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im sorry, but my heart always will be with FW. I mean look at that face.

I mean SW is cool, but i find FW fish so much more interesting, and the odds are endless with FW. People look at FW and only see the community tank, or mbuas when there is so much more.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
Im sorry, but my heart always will be with FW. I mean look at that face.

I mean SW is cool, but i find FW fish so much more interesting, and the odds are endless with FW. People look at FW and only see the community tank, or mbuas when there is so much more.
a face only a freshwater owner could love lol. and you have to have enough room for so many possibilities lol at least in my circumstances
Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya, i dont have enough room either.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #39
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Let's try to focus on Jonathan's tank....don't want this thread to get out of hand.

Looks good to me! I see lots of swim throughs and caves....perfect for the fish. Speaking of fish, have you thought about what you might like in your FOWLR? Just curious!

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #40
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I'm starting to think more and more that its not going to be a fowlr for long. Im moving around mid may-early june. I'm pretty sure im going to be getting an 18" T5HO fixture within the next two weeks, so im going to make sure whatever fish i get are reef safe. I had sorta thought about a clown and a clown goby... would there be any problems there or is the tank too small for those two? I've also got what looks kinda like a bubble tipped anemone (though i know thats not what it is, just kinda resembles it) growing on one of the rocks. Its a light green color. any idea what it is? probably algae for all i know lol. So overall, the rockwork looks ok? i think it looks a little cluttered, but its kinda the look i was going for, just not quite exactly

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fowlr, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com