First livestock purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knuff27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am very near the end of my cycle and anticipating my first 'livestock' purchase for my 55g with 40lbs of live rock tank. I am very excited. I plan to order from liveaquaria and will start with a cleanup crew and some easy inverts to rid my setup of some algae. How do the following sound?

a few cerith snails
a few bumble bee snails
some dwarf blue hermits
one sally lightfoot crab
two camel shrimp
two dwarf feather dusters
one blue linckia star

I have read that starfish are difficult to keep, yet the blue linckia are some of the easier stars. Should I be worried about anything in the above list as long as my water parameters are fine? Also I have heard many good things about liveaquaria, anybody have a poor experience with them? I was impressed with their two week guarantee. Thanks.

Blue Linckia are far from being easy. I would wait on this item until your tank has settled into itself a few months up the road. I would aslo wait on the camel shrimp as they too, are pretty sensitive. I would stick with a nice assortment of snails, crabs and some brittle or serpent stars for now. Add some astrea or turban snails to your mix for the glass...the ones you have listed pretty well stay in the sand or on rocks. You might also want to rethink the sally lightfoot crab as they can become problematic with eating fish.

I would avoid getting right into the star fish.... they're very sensitive.

But the brittle stars are easy to keep :D:D

Back
Top Bottom