First New Fish Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just pick my fish up with my hand when putting them back in, you can do the net but its really not needed. Also less stressful ive heard.

Such little copper is in the fish that it doesnt really matter, ive treated many fish with copper in QT and put them in my reefs with 0 problems.

Best of luck, Nat!

Thank you! And I don't put any of the fish water from the store in mine :) I net them out of the bag

I'm sure you didn't, but it was a crossing thought. The aquarium I have now is pretty new, but I'm not new to the hobby. Hope you find out the culprit soon!

1 hours still would be enough to build up a high enough amount of ammonia.

Maybe get 3 more chromis and only drip for 20 minutes. See how that goes? Or maybe 1 as a test.

If I get one today, and two later, would they kill each other?

If I get one today, and two later, would they kill each other?

Chromis usually always drop off, some say that they kill each other after time, until theres 1 left. But no, they wont kill each other. IMO i would get 3 so that the 1 doesnt feel lonely.

Chromis usually always drop off, some say that they kill each other after time, until theres 1 left. But no, they wont kill each other. IMO i would get 3 so that the 1 doesnt feel lonely.

I got one today and it's currently acclimating. If this one survives, I am getting two later on :) my water was tested, and nitrites, ammonia, and nitrates is 0. Ph is 8.0 and salinity is 1.023

I got one today and it's currently acclimating. If this one survives, I am getting two later on :) my water was tested, and nitrites, ammonia, and nitrates is 0. Ph is 8.0 and salinity is 1.023

Looks good. How long you gonna acclimate him?

Floated him in the water for 20 min and drip acclimating him for 30 minutes.

Thats funny, because my chromis that ive had in my 100 gallon have been fine. I have 4 of them and they are as peaceful as can be. IMO, it was the water. But keep trying. Sometimes, we loose fish, but ive never heard of one dying that quick

Thats funny, because my chromis that ive had in my 100 gallon have been fine. I have 4 of them and they are as peaceful as can be. IMO, it was the water. But keep trying. Sometimes, we loose fish, but ive never heard of one dying that quick

How long have you had them? Ive heard from about 20 people that their #s have decreased to 1 after a few months.

Im still going with the ammonia build up in the bag but we shall see.

Last edited:
3 and a half months. I heard that too, and i usually never see more than 7 in a tank

Ocean nutrition prime reef flakes is what i feed mine. I also give it to my clownfish.

I'm planning to feed them every other day. How often do you feed them?

How long have you had them? Ive heard from about 20 people that their #s have decreased to 1 after a few months.

Im still going with the ammonia build up in the bag but we shall see.

Hopefully it's not ammonia build up on the bag and he lives this time ?

Back
Top Bottom