Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Usa
Posts: 132
I feed them daily
__________________

__________________
J8kpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #42
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Nat, heres what i feed each of my tanks and the fish ive got in them-

37g:
1 flame angel
1 valentini puffer
1 Purple fire fish pair
1 Starry blenny

Foods fed-
Emerald entree frozen- monday, wednsday.
Mysis shrimp- friday
Nori- sunday

20g:
2 ocellaris clowns
1 yellow watchman goby
1 starry blenny

Foods fed-
Emerald entree frozen- every other day
Brine shrimp- every other day
NLS pellets- 2 pellets a week
Omega 1 shrimp pellet- once a week for the goby

3g pico:
Black clown goby

Foods fed-
Brine shrimp- fed daily

Also depends on what fish youve got, for instance a tang would need nori and other greens. (of course, you coudnt keep a tang in a 65g.
__________________

__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #43
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat_a126 View Post

Hopefully it's not ammonia build up on the bag and he lives this time dde01
As i said, it starts building up after 30mins.
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Nat_a126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
Nat, heres what i feed each of my tanks and the fish ive got in them-

37g:
1 flame angel
1 valentini puffer
1 Purple fire fish pair
1 Starry blenny

Foods fed-
Emerald entree frozen- monday, wednsday.
Mysis shrimp- friday
Nori- sunday

20g:
2 ocellaris clowns
1 yellow watchman goby
1 starry blenny

Foods fed-
Emerald entree frozen- every other day
Brine shrimp- every other day
NLS pellets- 2 pellets a week
Omega 1 shrimp pellet- once a week for the goby

3g pico:
Black clown goby

Foods fed-
Brine shrimp- fed daily

Also depends on what fish youve got, for instance a tang would need nori and other greens. (of course, you coudnt keep a tang in a 65g.

Thanks for all the great info ☺️ I'm planning to have
-3 chromis
-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 valentini puffer
-1spot Foxface
-maybe coral beauty or flame angel
-urchins
-assorted snails
__________________
Nat_a126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Nat_a126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
As i said, it starts building up after 30mins.

But if I take him out of the bag after 40 minutes and into a tank without a huge build up of ammonia, why would he die in the tank and not the bag?
__________________
Nat_a126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #46
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat_a126 View Post

Thanks for all the great info ☺️ I'm planning to have
-3 chromis
-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 valentini puffer
-1spot Foxface
-maybe coral beauty or flame angel
-urchins
-assorted snails
Sounds cool, what are your dimensions?
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Nat_a126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
Sounds cool, what are your dimensions?

36 inches long, 24 inches high, 18 inches wide
__________________
Nat_a126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #48
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat_a126 View Post

But if I take him out of the bag after 40 minutes and into a tank without a huge build up of ammonia, why would he die in the tank and not the bag?
He has to adjust to the tank, add ammonia into the equation and boom... Youve got a dead fish.
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Nat_a126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
He has to adjust to the tank, add ammonia into the equation and boom... Youve got a dead fish.

Oh okay thanks
__________________
Nat_a126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Nat_a126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
He has to adjust to the tank, add ammonia into the equation and boom... Youve got a dead fish.

The fish is dying already. I have no idea what's happening and I don't want to get any more if they keep on dying for the animals sake. ammonia/nitrites/nitrates are all zero. ph is 8.0 and salinity is 1.023 everything is perfect but all of the chromis keep dying this one only lasted for 3 hours and he is currently laying on his side struggling to breath
__________________

__________________
Nat_a126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dead, fish, new fish, new tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tank raised versus wild caught brennae Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 71 09-17-2013 12:45 AM
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium librarygirl Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 32 03-20-2013 12:50 PM
Fun Facts... Shoei Aquaria Off-Topic 14 06-28-2012 08:55 PM
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling eco23 Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 1751 05-31-2012 09:04 PM
Article: What You Should Know About Fish Nutrition Fishguy2727 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 14 02-01-2012 09:41 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.