first reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For rock? U could do base rock for 150 and some lr for about 50 if yiu want the real stuff, u could make probably 200 lbs of ur own for like 40 bucks maybe a bit more? Ive read up alot on it actually, heard that sometimes they cause tank crashes due to improper methods of making it

**** that's crazy that's with the white portland? Then how do i seed it and how long would it take until its ready for tank

I believe between 45 and 70 days to cook and bring ph to stable level i know some people use oyster shells instead of the stuff src mentioned

Oyster shells is supposed to be bad for phosphate. It is cheap but I don't think it is work it. I found puka shells and crushed coral at petsmart. I got my white Portland cement from a company called Arrow. It is a supply place for masonry and concrete workers. It took me a few phone calls, but doable. "Do you have White Portland Cement? No. Do you know who does? Thanks".

Maybe about four calls and you'll find it. Home Depot and Lowes here in Spokane did not have it.

One more thing, wear gloves, it is caustic while setting up.

There are several videos on YouTube you can what before trying it.

What size return pump should i be looking at? I have a give hundred in my current seventy give skills i get a700 gph?

Just for fun when building New tank for example thus one and you cab only get so much per week what starting with tank is the order you would purchase/setup to get running and cycling right away and then within what time frame would you wanna Get the rest

So what size tank for the sump do you guys recommend for my 75 gallon reef 20 long 29 gallon or 40 gallon breeder?

Or what Would be the perfect ideal size for the sump? Might be able to do a55 too but i don't want to have to make the stand wider

I have a 29 gallon and im happy with it its the marineland tidepool 2

I have that too but I'm talking about an actual tank i will put baffles in

Put one baffle in for the intake section then a second baffle with a bubble trap in for the return section

To keep air bubbles from enetering your return pump and being sent back up to the display tank

Hey guys can someone show mea picture..explain to me exactly gore protein skimmers work.i want to diy one but i need to know exactly how they work in order to do it right.and maybe ideas for ones people have built before?

Back
Top Bottom