First Reef Aquarium Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the price I was expecting plastic not metal and acrylic. So wouldn't be a bad option.

I'm looking at a white and blue set. I don't want the extra colors. But the price on this one is better, so I may suck it up. Lol

Well just look a little more I found a white and blue set for $30 cheaper so I figured why not just go full spectrum.

The red and green LEDs seem to be just for appearance. Mr_X has done side by side comparisons of the two options and found no noticeable difference in coral health, growth, or appearance. But he doesn't like the light tint. And since I have a tiny amount of hero worship for him, I'm blindly following his advice. Lol
But thank you for the link! I may be able to get them sooner than I thought!

Yeah I researched them I just went with them cause I like the color tint. Good luck.

Using your link as a starting point, I found one comparable to what I was going to buy, for $40 less each. Thank you!

I have full spectrum and the blue/white leds and much more prefer the blue/whites. the full spectrum gives my tank a purple hue that I dont like so much.

I got my leds 3 for 389 from ebay with free shipping just like 2 weeks ago which was the cheapest at the time.

Back
Top Bottom