First reef tank .. Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My 15 gal high reef tank is finally set up. I have a good 5" Live sand bed, and lots of base rock. I plan to seed it with some coraline covered LR. My power quad is also on the way. Anyways this being my 1st reef, I am wondering about trace elements. If I just do weekly 10% changes will I not need to dose? Also what do I need to test for, just calcium? (besides the amm, tritr, and trate) If there are any good online articles that answer my questions please post a link. Thanks in advance!

Trace element additions will not be needed. The best method will always be water changes to keep those in check. It avoids overdoing it.

As far as what to test other than mentioned. Alkalinity and magnesium are a must. As I am sure you are aware (not mentioned above) pH.

Calcium for.... by Mike Andrews

The above article is an easy read and should give you the basics. If you want a little more in depth....

Variuos chem articles from AdvancedAquarist....

Cheers
Steve

Yes I forgot the PH, thanks a lot Steve, and I will read both articles. I want to start off on the right track. As always thanks for the help. :scatter:

Back
Top Bottom