first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were you and you really can't get it to fit anywhere...glue the plug attached to the shroom to a piece of live rock, so it won't be as hard to move if it's unhappy where it is. Just snap off the plug rather than move the entire rock.

Ok good idea. He was moved again this morning so maybe my current flow is too high for something not secured.

I need to get the super glue gel right?

You can break the base of the plug off pretty easily so you will just have a disc. To attach it to LR, just take some super glue gel and apply it to the base of the disc. IME, shrooms will just detach if unhappy and float until they land somewhere they like.

Ok cool, so epoxy, super glue gel I'll get whatever is available. I'm assuming both as aquarium save correct?

I'm a bit nervous taking the frag out of the water but I'll try to be quick

A lot of people tend to use super glue gel. I myself have no experience with it as I used the epoxy sticks. The only problem I found with them is that you really need a grooved/rough surface for the stuff to help bond to. Either or is fine, most LFS, including the chains should carry both.

So... after doing some research I stand corrected... thincat is right. I just "assumed" because it was going through some filters it should be good but it turns out the waste water will have around 30-50% more TDS in it as the pure water is removed... basically turns it into a concentrate.

Sorry for being wrong on that one!
No, problem..we all cover each others back..
On a side note, I run my waste water into my washing machine. It's good enough to use to wash my clothes.

Ok cool, so epoxy, super glue gel I'll get whatever is available. I'm assuming both as aquarium save correct?

I'm a bit nervous taking the frag out of the water but I'll try to be quick

you can use loctite super glue gel they sell it at lowes thats what i use

Look what I got today!!

Can you guys assist my install?

Also, what direction should I put the DI filter, arrow vertically up or down?

img_1391894_0_60631e466fa6a69cc849ae7f9f82f800.jpg

img_1391894_1_107ac11e2632880f8c42b30b4f2b42ad.jpg

From what I understand (which is little), it is better for the filters to be vertical if you can manage. I really don't know if it should go up or down but my gut would way you want the water to exit the top as any left over sediment would settle down when off.

Yea that makes sense, I agree.

I got the fitting figured out, I'm going to have to tap into some copper pipe in my basement but I have the compression fittings and the drain tube will go to the cloths washer drain.

Gotta let it run for 15-30 min but should be good to go tonight!!!

Not the best picture but you guys can get the idea.

I get out of work at 3 so I'll be doing a large pwc tonight :)

img_1393111_0_5e0eac611cd497c495c05023e1c0b5bb.jpg

From what I understand (which is little), it is better for the filters to be vertical if you can manage. I really don't know if it should go up or down but my gut would way you want the water to exit the top as any left over sediment would settle down when off.
i was under the impression that only pertained to the DI chamber.

That is the only one I saw specifically mentioned as being vertical... wasn't sure about the rest. My DI is mounted horizontal.

The unit is installed and working except for the fact that the water has a tiny stream coming out.

It says to run it for 15-30 min and it's been 15 min and only looks like a gallon filled if not less.

Is it supposed to fill this slow?

It's been an hour and I only have 4 gallons. Water pressure is 50psi

yes its very possible how many gpd is your ro/di rated for?

100 gpd

On one of the filtration tubes it says .5 gpm max flow

well if you received 4 gallons in a hour if its a 100gpd ro/di thats about right

Back
Top Bottom