first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not put it in the tank. Don't know what it is, what its feeding needs are, and if it eats coral.

Got you with that last one, I'll bet. :)

Where you live at?? I'd def buy some frags if nearby to sw pa.

im in CT, but i go to school in PA, williamsport area. PM me if thats near you, i would love to sell frags to help pay for gas!

im also getting some brown stringy algae on my sand, im assuming its cyano which means my nitrates are high. idk what could be causing it! i do a minimum of 20% PWC weekly, two weeks ago i did 50%.

would a rotting fish cause this problem? because my first 2 fish... firefish and scooter benny disappeared at the same time. i had some small things in my canister ( looked like tuna fish in water) so i thought the firefish got sucked up. when i rearranged my rocks i took them out and shook them off in old PWC water, no firefish was found...

the scooter benny is still MIA, its been atleast 2 months now. one day turned into a week, than a week turned into 2... 3... and now 2 months.

would anemones eat fish? could that be a possibility for a missing fish?

---

austinsdad... i dont understand? wrong thread post?

Unless you had the scooter trained on prepared foods he could have easily starved. They are a high effort fish. LOL

^^ so he is probably somewhere rotting in the sand than! no!!

im doing a big PWC today and cleaning the canister to help with the algae, ill sift through the sand with a stick and hope i find something.

Went to petco today just to look for anything new and I'm glad I did!!

I found a canopy that was originally 69.99 and I got it for 17 bucks!! I couldnt believe it, must have been there for a while hense the crazy low price. I was going to build one but not for less than 17 bucks.

I'm going to stain it tomorrow because it is a different color, I couldnt pass it up.

I also want to take my lights apart and attach them to the inside of the canopy.

img_1442159_0_0f3706fed4061440a773fd88e2ce58f9.jpg

I believe austins dad was referring to the starfish that your gf was holding. If you had someone who could identify it, such as a marine biologist, not an lfs i would look into that but if you dont know what it is your dont know how to care for it.

Back
Top Bottom