First saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out good ole Percula clownfish or nano perculas.. They are about 1/3 the size and still have the same exact look. Whatever you do stay away from the Maroon an Yellows, too big amd aggressive

Could I get 2 percularis clowns instead?? Any idea on shrimp? And is everything else good?

Russelmartin55 said:
Could I get 2 percularis clowns instead?? Any idea on shrimp? And is everything else good?

I have a 16G bowfront that just got cycled and people on here keep telling me 2 occy clowns would be too much :/ I mean obviously everyone is entitled to there own opinion so who knows.

What kind of lighting do you have?? Anemones need a really good T5 HO to thrive I've heard. Only reason I say this is bc I wanted to get a bubble tip anemone and then found out my light wasn't good enough for one.

I plan on stocking my tank with
1 occy clown
1 court jester goby
1 pygmy wrasse
1 firefish
CUC

Then in the future, corals of course

EDIT: if I could I would put 2 occy clowns in mine, still debating :)

Awsome!!! But yes I have very good lighting. When I had freshwater tank I had plants that needed good light and they thrived!! Don't know the name of the lights though

Russelmartin55 said:
Awsome!!! But yes I have very good lighting. When I had freshwater tank I had plants that needed good light and they thrived!! Don't know the name of the lights though

Good deal, yeah I have a T5 HO light for my 180G freshwater and my plants are growing like no tomorrow :) wish I could afford a better light for my SW tank

Russelmartin55 said:
I wish I could have a pair of ocellaris clowns to

Well, here's one thing you can do.. I know you only have a 10G tank so thats a lil tricky.. but stock your tank with your CUC, watch your numbers, add a clown, make sure the bioload isn't too much to handle and then if you wanted to, add another one BUT they would be the ONLY fish you could have in there and that's STILL pushing it. But its your tank so you do what u want with it. :)

Actually it's a 14 gallon and when my freshwater fish get upgraded to a 40 gal( hopefully Christmas) then they will get upgraded to the 29 gal. So then I guess I can have my pair:)

Russelmartin55 said:
Actually it's a 14 gallon and when my freshwater fish get upgraded to a 40 gal( hopefully Christmas) then they will get upgraded to the 29 gal. So then I guess I can have my pair:)

Oh then that would work perfectly :) you get your pair

Russelmartin55 said:
YAYthats the best news I've heard today!!! Thanks!

Lol welcome.. id add the pair first, and watch the bioload, test everyday, and keep up with water changes, bc still 1 clown requires 20G so just keep that in mind

Russelmartin55 said:
So is my cleanup crew good? Are they all compatible??

Yeah your CUC is fine, I was told that hermit crabs will go after snails if they can't find food so just be careful with them. Other than that I think your CUC is more than plenty for your tank. I also heard any kind of shrimp are very sensitive and to wait on adding them into a newly cycled tank. Wait until its well established then you can add them, no sense in buying an expensive shrimp and seeing it die in a day or two.

Yeah actually I didn't really want any snails. I thought you needed them!!! Can I take them out??

Russelmartin55 said:
Yeah actually I didn't really want any snails. I thought you needed them!!! Can I take them out??

Sure, its up to you, its your tank....they do help clean the glass tho

I will:) I'm
Going to Canada tomarrow for a week so after that I will start the cycle!! So exited !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom