First saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russelmartin55

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have an empty 14 gallon that was used for freshwater fish and I'm
Thinking about making it a saltwater tank
Should I clean it out again because it was freshwater?
What should I stock it with?
I honestly have no idea about all this sorry that I didn't give you enough info . Just hoped you could help me get started

Just clean it out real good with warm water... No soaps/chemicals!!. In terms of stocking, being as to how its a 14g, stocking is gonna be a bit limited. Check out the nano fish sections of some online fishy stores. Inverts will also be a great choice

Me personally? Id go with a nano goby, possibly a mated pair of nano clown or perculas, then a few CUC.

Percs can get big. Saw one today that was the size of the palm of my hand, clowns need bigger tanks anyways. Id get a small goby and maybe a cardinal fish and small blenny

Depends on the type of perc because some can get bigger... But a mated pair of nano percs woul do just fine. Now a maroon and yellow would be a bad choce lol

Atleast 14... Id try for 16-20 if its not too much. (thats live rock tht is) a for sand you can go with a much a you like

Thanks!!!! I thought about this but it's totally up for change. All are reef safe.
2 ocellaris clownfish
1 green clown goby

CUC
7 hermit crabs
2-3 snails(if any)
1-2 shrimp ( don't know what ones)suggestions??
1 porcelain anemone crab

In the future
1-2 bubble anemone
1-2 white sabae anemone

White banded possum wrasse are pretty and they're a dwarf wrasse, only get 2-2 1/2 inches. Red/ white would add a lot of color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom