First salty tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heck09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I’m making the jump over to the dark side and would like to share my progress/ get opinions

It’s the 13.5 g fluval evo kit with the sump and skimmed built into the side

The pump has about 132 gallons of flow so I think I’m gonna need another power head

But here is a FTS

https://i.imgur.com/idow4oG.jpg

Well looks like things are pretty standard for a newly started tank and a Smok vape?

Good luck. Welcome to the salty side of things.

Last edited:
So this thing seems to be cycled, what you guys think is good stock?

Before we go that far, what is the ammonia source? Has it had it presented recently? A tank isn’t cycled until ammonia can be consumed in a 24 hour period

Before we go that far, what is the ammonia source? Has it had it presented recently? A tank isn’t cycled until ammonia can be consumed in a 24 hour period

Dr Tim’s ammonia (been using it for years), 4 ppm in 12 hours, dosing every 12 hours before and after work, the dosing pwc to remove nitrates, I have done fishless cycles many times in freshwater tanks. This is not my first time keeping fish. I would never add fish to an environment that would become toxic for them because I wasn’t patient

Ok, so at this point you are only limited in the size of the system. Outside of a couple clowns, I'd suggest checking out the nano fish section on liveaquaria and have a look around to see if anything trips your trigger.

Ok, so at this point you are only limited in the size of the system. Outside of a couple clowns, I'd suggest checking out the nano fish section on liveaquaria and have a look around to see if anything trips your trigger.

Thanks, appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom