First SW Tank: Nano 24g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HairlessPotter said:
Thank you! Hopefully bubble algae doesn't become a problem

I thought I once saw a thing of Bubble Algae in my 34g, but it disappeared without spreading pretty quickly.

Just so you know, people have had success with Emerald Crabs eating Bubble Algae, so if it begins to become a problem you could look into them. :)

I already have one emerald crab but we'll see how it goes. So far its just one tiny bubble, probably barely a centimeter if that

Hi, great to see your having coral growth! Another coral i'd suggest is xenia. Really hardy and pretty simple to keep.

Ps. I have a duncan that i LOVE. started out with 1 head..then over the next several days of keeping it i saw 2 more pop outta the sides. Then, i went through some salinity problems where it closed up for awhile, and when i got it all fixed, i saw ANOTHER head, and the main head is starting to split! I suggestthis coral, really beautiful

Gboy66 said:
Hi, great to see your having coral growth! Another coral i'd suggest is xenia. Really hardy and pretty simple to keep.

Ps. I have a duncan that i LOVE. started out with 1 head..then over the next several days of keeping it i saw 2 more pop outta the sides. Then, i went through some salinity problems where it closed up for awhile, and when i got it all fixed, i saw ANOTHER head, and the main head is starting to split! I suggestthis coral, really beautiful

That's awesome! I'll definitely keep an eye out for one at the store

Lately everything seems to be doing better then ever. My meteor shower and green favia seem to be doing wonderful

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120424_211428.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120424_211428.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ForumRunner_20120424_211440.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120424_211440.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 61
Here's a little update.
I've been pretty busy lately dealing with my highschool graduation and getting a new job so I hadn't done a water change in a couple weeks and hadn't been running carbon and now I have some clumps of hair algae on the sand bed and base of a couple rocks. But now that its summer im back concentrating on my tank. Yesterday I got some chemi pure elite and did a water change and got all my levels back to normal. My corals are all doing great except my zoas seem to be staying closed a lot. Coraline algae is everywhere! Some rocks are almost completely covered :) so I'm excited about that.

Once I get a decent job I think I want to start setting up a much larger tank (50-125g) because I'll have the money to and I've always wanted a large tank. Also a small tank is kind of a pain with temp swings and all. I'd like something that can stay pretty constant and I can do some cool rockwork and have a much better selection of livestock. It would be a nice summer project. I'll keep an eye out for good deals on tanks

Oh ya and my brother brought me home some dead coral he found washed up on the beach in hawaii. Would it be safe to put in my tank?

I would....it's from Hawaii man!! As long as you don't think there could be any die-off, it would be fine. If you think there could be some die-off, cure it in a separate container first.

It looks like its been dry for a while though. I think I'll let it dry out in the sun for a couple days just to make sure

Anybody know a good pump to replace the one in the filter area? Not trying to spend a lot of money right now if possible

I use the maxijet 900 got it for 25 seen at other places for 40

Found something very cool tonight! I kept seeing little tentacles or something sticking out of the rock when I feed, suspected brittle stars but I have now confirmed. Came home and decided to look around in the dark with a flashlight, found 2 little stars and a tiny tiny baby one with them. Caught one to try and get some pics... Times like this I wish I had a decent camera...

If you look close about an inch to the bottom right of my monti cap you can see both of them on the rock

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120609_001540.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120609_001540.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20120609_001653.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120609_001653.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20120609_001714.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120609_001714.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 93
So I noticed today a little feather duster I've been watching for a long time is starting to get orange stripes on it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120623_205046.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120623_205046.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20120623_205118.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120623_205118.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom