Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to swiftwing7
first tank

i plan on getting a salt water tank, and before i go any farther please correct me if i say anything wrong. i think i will get something larger than 50 gallons so it is easier to maintain constant temperature and other things (not sure which). i am not a newb to fish just aquariums i actually fish alot (hope thats not offensive here) but would like to be able to take some fish from the ocean and put them in my aquarium later if this si possible. this is kinda confusing but after just reading some of the posts on this site (very good by the way very helpful) i am starting to learn. i do have a genuine interest in this and would eventually like to be able to have a reef aquarium.
to start if anybody has some nice helpful information to a starter or nice threads similiar to this they could point out that would be appreciated.
i don't understand the cycling process very well and would like to know more
does lr add plankton and little organisms basically adding real ocean to it or do some micro organsims you have to get specially for special fish if needed
last i don't know what else to ask about becasue i don't know enough to have specific answerable questions yet. but someday!

thanks a bunch

swiftwing7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Step one: Buy "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" By Robert M. Fenner and read it cover to cover. It helped me out tremendously.

Step two: Read everything you can before you decide. Skim the SW forums, especially the Getting Started forum.
Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote

first tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com