First time marine set up, dry rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tom05r123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 90ltr (20gallon) marine set up. This is going to be my first marine set up. (If you wish to follow the process of my build my account is @fishtalem60)

Anyway!

I have 2 questions in regards to dry rock.

1. What is the minimum amount of dry rock that i need?
2. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase in the UK?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

A lb to lb and a half per gallon is common practice. some times you can get lucky online as once in a while people decide to tear down there tanks , and try to sell it off

Awesome! Thanks for your advice, just been and purchased 9kg of dry rock. Got it for a good price in my lfs, £2.49 a kg!

My question now is, what do I need to add to get the cycle going once the dry rock and water is in the tank?

Could I buy say 2kg of live rock and add it do the tank? Or a cup of live sand to mix with what I am putting in?

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi get some live rock from your Lfs and that should do to get it started but I would still stock slowly and test the water . Should be ready about 3 to 4 weeks , remember with saltwater patience is key . Good luck it is so rewarding

all that is needed to start your cycle is a lady's stocking and a deli shrimp stocking is to put shrimp in

Back
Top Bottom