Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well I did it (5 hour long project), I did half, and the outcome was very very cloudy. I rinsed the sand, for about 35 minutes and below is how the tank is. Before the cloudy took over the whole thing I was able to get the fish out and put them into a small 2 gallon tank with a power head. but I don't know if I should keep them in there all night or not.

What is the quickest way to clear the tank? With the filter, skimmer, and power heads on? Or should everything be off?

What the fishes are hanging out in currently:

Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

turn the power heads off, leave the filter and skimmer on. Looks like your fish should be okay for the night. They would more then likely be okay in the display tank. What are your readings in the DT? Keep the temp constant in the temp. tank for your fish.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I let everything but the power head run last night, and the dust is starting to settle, but it is no where near clear.

Here it is as of 7:55am EST today:

Old 10-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Clean out the filter and the water should clear up quickly. Use the finest filter that you have. Some sort of micron filter to polish the water. Some of the haze may be on the glass.
Looking good..

Tags
change, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com