starting a tank this weekend, I have a lot of questions and would appreciate any response. I am just starting with a 55 gal
tank (pic attached), 4 basic shop lights, base rock, a 110 aqua clear hang on filter, powerhead (didn't buy yet), substrate (didn't buy yet).
in the future I will upgrade lighting and add more live rock and corals etc..but right now just trying to get the thing started.
Here are my questions so far:
1) Does this set up sound reasonable or am I totally off base?
2) What else do I need initially that I'm missing? (I know Ill probably need heater/thermometer and refractometer)
3) Is $3 per pound unreasonable for base rock? I know I may get it a little cheaper but would like to support my local fish shop.
4) How much base rock should I start with If I intend to add LR
5) Will base rock eventually become the same (aesthetically speaking) as LR
thanks in advance for any responses