Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone bin awhile, getting my book the reef aquarium volume 3 this week. Planning on a reef ready 150 gallon tank, is tank size ok for blue tang yellow tang angel fish butterfly fish clownfish purple tang. I like to do medium fish small fish large fish can this be done my stock list ant there yet, tank size 150g 4 inch sand bed 150 pound live rock micro alage refugium sump 4 inch sand bed in sump, a good big protein skimmer gfo reactor heater in sump 13g container for ato when water evaporates, looking at a setup to maintain nitrates phosphate ph. And help maintain good water quality I'm planning slow so bye the new year I should be ready and have my tank and equipment. If any one can help with stocking fish I mentioned I there are others like blenny I also what a good clean up crew led lighting and advice suggestions comment pls I would like to use it withy planning thank you in advance.

Hi everyone bin awhile, getting my book the reef aquarium volume 3 this week. Planning on a reef ready 150 gallon tank, is tank size ok for blue tang yellow tang angel fish butterfly fish clownfish purple tang. I like to do medium fish small fish large fish can this be done my stock list ant there yet, tank size 150g 4 inch sand bed 150 pound live rock micro alage refugium sump 4 inch sand bed in sump, a good big protein skimmer gfo reactor heater in sump 13g container for ato when water evaporates, looking at a setup to maintain nitrates phosphate ph. And help maintain good water quality I'm planning slow so bye the new year I should be ready and have my tank and equipment. If any one can help with stocking fish I mentioned I there are others like blenny I also what a good clean up crew led lighting and advice suggestions comment pls I would like to use it withy planning thank you in advance.

You can do tangs in a 150g. The angel would depend on what type of angel, and also, angels and butterflies are not always reef safe, so those might be risky.

I love my starry blenny, he's a big boy at 4 1/2-5", and he's funny. I saw a ruby head wrasse the other day at LFS, was about 4", and was SO pretty, but my tank's too small for him. If you're gonna have a lid, there are some beautiful wrasses that get decent sized.

I have Kessil LED light. Love it. I've read people having great luck with taotronics LEDs on their reef tanks too.

I like conchs and Nassarius for the sandbed, astrea and banded trochus for the glass and rocks and scarlet reef hermits cuz they say they're less likely to kill snails and each other than the red or blue legged hermits.

Thanks that's what I bin reading about butterfly fishes not reef safe. So that's a scratch from stock, can mix size fish or there will be a problem with bullying? I want a community and great equipment. Want to set tank up right and once I hear hobby can drain your wallet that's why I'm going slow.

The butterfly fish (Copperband being a slight exception) are not reef safe. And they are hard to feed IMO. The tangs need swimming space and good hiding holes. A 150 gallon tank that is long is better than a 150 gallon tall tank for the tangs. Just remember that the tangs are the weak link in the system as they have poor immune systems (slime coat). If they aren't happy, nobody will be.

Back
Top Bottom