Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loads there's too many to simply list are you thinking of setting up a reef tank then?

Yes I am. I'm selling my 55 gallon and looking to get a 75 or 90 I'm gonna set it up sw I want a reef but I also love fish

Go for a 90 more room more fish, maybe look at one spot foxface rabbit fish or kole tang, couple of occellaris clownfish, yellow headed jaw fish, fire fish, and maybe a few cardinal fish. Should be fine for a 90 that is reef and gives you a few fish plus a nice centrepiece one with the tang or foxface. That's what I'd put in a 90 reef anyways. Unless there is anything specific takes your fancy? Will you have a sump? Just remember to add everything very slowly to ensure the bacteria has time to build

+1 on the 90. I was looking into a 75 then saw the 90 was the same footprint but has way more volume. The 75 opens up a ton of new fish that you can't have in a 55 but the 90 allows you to have more of those same fish.

I am looking into a 90 and will definitely be adding a tomini tang and a fox face. Both are really cool reef safe fish. I also have a midas blenny and would say you need one of them. They are so interesting.

but the 90 allows you to have more of those same fish.

but a 180 allows you to do whatever you want lol. id personally stay away from a foxface or tang. they just eat up too much stock room and get a bit big. chromis, cardinals, clowns (2 at most). a goby or blenny. those are some options

but a 180 allows you to do whatever you want lol. id personally stay away from a foxface or tang. they just eat up too much stock room and get a bit big...

+1 to a 180 if possible. :) I've got a 75g now and want a 180...possibly even 300g by the end of the year.

I think the Foxface and/or Tomini would be ideal for a 75g. Neither get that big...its not like adding a large Angel or a larger Tang. Do those and some smaller fish and you'd be set. It's all personal taste though. Do what works for you.

Yeah, I should have been more specific. In a 90 the tomini tang is one of the few tangs I would recommend, they grow to 6" and will be happy in a tank that size. As for the fox face, the one spot fox face grows to 7". the foxface lo gets to big for a 90. Both the tomini and one spot are ok in a 70 if you go by live aquaria which seems to be pretty conservative.

They will take up a bit of your bio load but that is why I am going with the 90, in a 75 it would be a larger percent. This is where you can decide what you want your tank to be. You can do lots of little fish, a few big, or a mix of both.

Back
Top Bottom