Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could you get away with a

Achilles tang
Hippo Tang
Emporer angel
Zebra moray eel

In a 120gallon for 2 years if they are all bought at 2inches or under?

Not with the achilles. They are extremely sensitive, even for tangs. Considered an expert only fish. You can get yourself a similar look from the white cheek or powder brown tangs and should be ok.
The emperor angel gets huge and usually needs a tank over 200 gallons to be healthy.

Sensitive as in fish companions or sensitive on its tank? The tanks a 6ft tank so I thought most tangs are okay in that other than larger ones. Also on the emporer this is not a long term home this is going to be a 2 year tank until we are in our new house where I can set up a larger 200+ tank. From what I've read the angels and tangs grow 2-3 inches a year depending on everything of course. My thoughts are that if I get these fish at a young 2 inch size will it work for the time frame I'm hoping it will work?

Sensitive as in they're surge fish and like a lot of current. Achilles are hard to get eating as well and hard to find at that size. They seem to come down with ich just from looking at them wrong lol. You could probably get away with the other ones for a while but like hank said emperors get massive.

I saw a emperor in the aquarium best way to describe to think of a hub cap off a old caddy

Back
Top Bottom