Fish additions for a 120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

My hypo ordeal is done. The clowns and the YT are back in the main. I've ordered 3 Henis which'll be QT'd for 6 weeks.

After that, I'm looking ahead at possible additions. Had in mind a Flame Angel and or dwarf Lionfish.

Appreciate the feedback.

Spin

there is a good possibility that the cleaner shrimp will become snack food for the lion, depending on the size of the clowns, them too, possibly.

"...there is a good possibility that the cleaner shrimp will become snack food for the lion, depending on the size of the clowns,..."

Sheesh!! Like Rodney said, "can't we all just get along??"

Like Mufasa says "Circle of Life..." and for that reason I keep my ornamental shrimp in my 120 and my eel in the 65!

I would steer away from the lion for the reasons Hara mentioned, plus thet can be messy. Is it your plan to stay FOWLR, or do you see yourself making the jump over to reef someday?

The reason I ask is that angels can be touchy with corals. I love my CB, and have not had any problems, but others are not so lucky.

How many more fish are you thinking? I would think that with what you have and the three Heni you are close to being stocked even with a 120g.

Otherwise some of my favorites include:

small school of green chromis (5)
Mandarin dragonette (assuming your tank is at least a year old and you have a good pods population
dwarf angels as you mention with caution
six line wrasse

Of course not all of these. :lol:

HTH,

Thanks for all the feedback. Yea, I definitely want to keep it FOWLR. After the ich outbreak, I'm looking for the hardier species to stock. I like the Henis because they're movers. The Clowns look cool but don't do too much other than bob up and down.

My decision factors are in order of priority:

1) Compatibility
2) Hardiness
3) Color
4) Activeness

Thx

Spin

Back
Top Bottom