Fish compatability question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnthonyR

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have a yellow- headed jawfish in thier biocube 14? If so, do you think a firefish and a clownfish will be good tank mates. I do weekly water changes and levels are good. Tank is only 7 weeks old. I put a layer of crushed shells in between live sand and aragonite sand in hopes of getting a burrower.

AnthonyR said:
Does anyone have a yellow- headed jawfish in thier biocube 14? If so, do you think a firefish and a clownfish will be good tank mates. I do weekly water changes and levels are good. Tank is only 7 weeks old. I put a layer of crushed shells in between live sand and aragonite sand in hopes of getting a burrower.

Just from reading the pages here I'd say they would work well together. They all seem to be peaceful. However, I have no experience with them so don't go buy them on my opinion alone. :)

Yellow headed jawfish
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2730+188&pcatid=188

clownfish
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2124+755&pcatid=755

Firefish
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+168&pcatid=168

No but I went to the lfs and they straightened me out! The jawfish needs a 6 inch sand bed and mine is 4. Plenty enough for a goby and pistol shrimp combo!

AnthonyR said:
No but I went to the lfs and they straightened me out! The jawfish needs a 6 inch sand bed and mine is 4. Plenty enough for a goby and pistol shrimp combo!

Did you get a goby? What kind?

I haven't got one yet. I'm leaning towards a orange stripe prawn goby. Still researching. Liveaquaria says on the description page that the minimum tank size is 30 gallon. Then in the overview it says minimum size is 10 gallons? Kind of confusing. The guys at my local reef store are extremely knowledgable and they said it would be fine. Not sure if i want to spend 60-70 bucks on shrimp and goby combo in such a new tank. Do you have a reef tank?

AnthonyR said:
I haven't got one yet. I'm leaning towards a orange stripe prawn goby. Still researching. Liveaquaria says on the description page that the minimum tank size is 30 gallon. Then in the overview it says minimum size is 10 gallons? Kind of confusing. The guys at my local reef store are extremely knowledgable and they said it would be fine. Not sure if i want to spend 60-70 bucks on shrimp and goby combo in such a new tank. Do you have a reef tank?

I don't yet. I'm planning a 55 gallon dream tank :) and I think I'm going to do a 10 gallon because it's going to cost a lot less than the big one. Then once I get my big one I think I'll use the 10 gallon as a quarantine tank. I'm just learning everything I can. I want to be prepared before I start spending alot of money and I don't want the fish and corals to die since they aren't cheap. I've seen pictures of the orange striped prawn goby. They are very pretty as well! It's good you have a LFS that is very knowledgeable. The best I have around here is petco! So not much help there.

Inland aquatics is composing a new website and are going to start selling everything online. You should check them out. They are currently comprising pics of all their items and haven't transferred them to the site yet, that's what they where doing the last time I was there. There are a few videos on youtube.They are based out of Terre Haute, Indiana.They have over 40,000 gallons in their system and a massive selection of corals,tank systems, live rock/sand, bulbs and marine and freshwater fish. They have everything! Im lucky to live in Terre Haute and go their about once a week! Good luck with your tank and if you have any questions I'll be glad to help research or discuss any issues your having. This is my second tank and I'm off to a great start. That is, after my first 20 gallon trial tank!

Back
Top Bottom