Fish compatibilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi can yous please tell me if these fish are compatible in a reef tank.
Ocellaris clownfish
Scooter dragonet
Sixline wrasse
Pink spot watchman goby
Bicolour blenny
Lemonpeel angel
Hawkfish

Thank you

The angel might nip at corals and the scooter should be added last after your tank has been up for awhile. :)

So do yous believe all these fish can coexist together in the same tank and get along.

As far as each other goes i don't think there will be any issues. BUT like I said that angel isnt really reef safe and the scooter is a dragonet which means that it might only eat pods. Thats why i say wait on the scooter, in case he doesnt take to frozen food at least you will have an established system with pods for him to eat. :)

well ,you haven't gave a tank size yet either,so hard to say for sure,but yes they should given the size is right..

I would suggest a 55g. That should be enough for all that plus something else here or there. But you probably dont want to make a reef if youre going to have an angel fish.

My aquarium store said that the lemon peel angel is 100% reef safe

I would suggest a 55g. That should be enough for all that plus something else here or there. But you probably dont want to make a reef if youre going to have an angel fish.
+1,,
and almost nothing is 100% in this lovely hobby,,especially a reef safe lemonpeel

Your fish store wants you to buy fish. End of story. From what I've read and heard here and other forums lemon peels will eventually nip corals like 90% of the time. There's always some one who gets lucky and doesnt have that issue but the majority do.

Go take a look at any online fish retailer. :-D

Really, I'm not just making it up and it's pretty much true. You can do a search real quick on this site and you will see all the people who had "reef" safe angles. lol

The fact that you are going to an lfs that says that kinda causes me concern. If they are telling you that what other misinformation are they supplying you with...

I no that they are reef safe with caution but I am willing to try the corals I have arnt that expensive the most expensive coral I have would be my goniopora and Xenia which costed about $45 Australian dollars. I no many people that have successfully kept these in reef tanks with no problem.

I no that they are reef safe with caution but I am willing to try the corals I have arnt that expensive the most expensive coral I have would be my goniopora and Xenia which costed about $45 Australian dollars. I no many people that have successfully kept these in reef tanks with no problem.
Go for it,,i have tried many things with my angels only to watch em get mowed down,,especially xenia,,also colt coral,frogs and hammers and a nice devils hand...Heres hoping you get a safe(y)

To be honest, if you wanted that many fish, you would need a much larger tank then 55 gallons. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 - 100 gallons and above.

The scooter blenny and the sixline will almost definitely compete eachother for pods, and the sixline will most likely win considering its aggressiveness coupled with the fact that scooter blennies are pretty slow and sluggish fish.

The hawkfish might also get pretty territorial and could cause problems further down the road. Not sure if you plan on having a reef as well, but the angel may or may not nip at coral, it's very hit or miss with them as coral is part of their diet in the wild. Also, the hawkfish is the same way and should be added to reef tanks with caution.

Last edited:
Is there any other wrasse species that would be compatible with the scooter dragonet and not compete with it for pods

I think it's all wrasses that will eat up the pods. :-( You also need a covered tank to keep them, not sure if you do already.

Back
Top Bottom