fish for 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone I like to do a yellow tang 1 blue tang 1 butterfly 1 clowns 2 demsal any idea on fish I can stock make a nice community tank ill medium size fish and going with a 150 gallon tank just can't decide internal overflow or external refugium sump or berlin sump Mr d said refugium if I'm doing a reef want to dart lfwr then had corals any idea's any bin in hobby 10 to 20 years

What are cromase? You mean chromis? I would ditch the damsels and replace with a school of chromis and add a couple more small fish. Sump/algae scrubber with quality skimmer IMO. Scrubbers are better.

What is Srubbers and how do they look

They just go in the sump and run off a pump. It works like a refugium but is more efficient because hair algae grows faster. I'll post a pic later. Just look up algae scrubber fish tank on google and you'll see.

Thanks ill look into it and do u use this method or refugium

I prefer algae scrubbers definitely. More efficient at removing phosphates and nitrates. They dropped my nitrates from 100 to 20. And it's steady. Took my 1 hour to build.

This is it when I was cleaning it. I already posted a pic tho.

Attachments

• image-4271098182.jpg
    image-4271098182.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 53
What is it a screen and what else goes with scrubber

A pump. PVC tubing. And a screen. And lights. Google is your friend too you don't need to get every bit of info from this site.

I want to do that if I get another tank. Sounds like an awesome idea. How long before you have to clean it?

Ok but I came here to talk with other members to see what stuff they use to help me get started I want to set up tank once but right I have three different books saltwater aquarium from animal planet saltwater aquarium for dummies the new marine aquarium from micheal palletta

Yes but starting 10000 threads and asking the same questions repeatedly isnt making people want to respond. I keep answering your questions and you keep asking the same thing. Your supposed to clean weekly but I like to clean biweekly.

crister13 said:
Yes but starting 10000 threads and asking the same questions repeatedly isnt making people want to respond. I keep answering your questions and you keep asking the same thing. Your supposed to clean weekly but I like to clean biweekly.

Totally agree. Make 1 thread people. The more you ask the more annoyed others get.... Lol

Yeah..not trying to be harsh, but you're reading this informational book and members are giving great tips, examples, and explanations and it seems you're not "absorbing it" or what not. It can be hard to understand at first since there's so much to learn, but after it's been said 10 times it should be clarified and understandable.

crister13 said:

You should really start cleaning every 5-7 days crister. It will work even better if you do.

Back
Top Bottom