Fish for 46 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmilnik

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey about how many fish can i get for my 46 gallon tank. I am thinking about doing wrasse, puffers, and angelfish. Thanks!

I don't think the puffer would fit that set up. What kind of wrasse and angelfish?

With a 46g I would say that a dwarf angle (Coral Beauty, Flame ect...) The puffer will probably get too large for that tank. There are a lot of wrasses that would work fine in that size tank.

I was thinking a spotted boxfish which min tank size is 50. But I have found many different puffers that would work in a 30 gallon for instance the Saddle Valentini Puffer. And for the wrasse I want to get a mystery wrasse and a banana wrasse.

Pink spotted gobies are beautiful . Check out my gallery for a pic of mine. Very impressionable

the Saddle Valentini isnt really a puffer, its a toby. They are awesome fish for the fowlr aquarium. if you had them you couldnt have any inverts. here are some that are the first to come to mind that would be good for you.

saddled or valentini toby
papuan toby
dwarf angels (lemon peel, bicolor, flame, singapor, just a few)
hawkfish (longnose, flame, just to name a few)
clown
wrasses
bigger goby's (like diamond )
bigger blenny's
maybe some damsels
cardinalfish

I would leave all butterly's, tangs/ surgons (tangs and surgons are same family but may be labeld differently) out as they need more room to swim

personally this is what I would do

papuan toby (personality and beutifull)
lemonpeel (dwarf) angel (beutifull yellow body)
flame hawkfish (beutifull red body) or m/f pair of clown
yellow tailed damsel (beutifull blue body)
diamond goby (sand sifter/ color/ personality)
six line wrasse (personality and color)

somthing along those lines....

Back
Top Bottom